I need some advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens I need some advice please.

Hello! I have been in a LDR for a long time with a girl who lives 6412 miles away from me. We are serious about future plans and everything has been working really well since the very beginning of this relationship. A few days ago we talked about future, and I told her that it would be so great if I could study in her country so I would be near her. Her parents told me that they would be so happy in case I lived with them.

I will be 18 y.o soon, and I would go to university this year if I study in my country. In case I go to university in my SO's country I would start on next year, same as her.

I need someone who knows well about this, because I don't know what do I have to do to study abroad without any study program, and I really want to study in her country. The language is not a problem because I can improve my language skills easily.

I would appreciate a lot some help. Thanks!

Are you currently in school? If so, talk to a counselor or teacher/professor who can help you know more about going to university in a foreign country. If not, try talking to both counselors from universities in your home country about studying at that university and counselors in your SO's country about studying at their institutions.
    Other things to consider: How will you pay for your studies in a different country? Will a university degree from that country have the same power to get you a job/further your career as a university degree from your own country? You said language is not a problem - make sure you are fluent in the language of that country's universities because learning the language while trying to study will not do you any good. Also, what is the application process for universities in that country? Do you have to take a special exam?

There are probably other topics to think about before applying to a university in a foreign country. It can be difficult, but it can also be rewarding. Another idea is the possibility of going to university in your own country and studying abroad for a year in your SO's country. Several LD couples decide to take this option and not only does it help their finances (because studying in your own country is often less expensive or more possible) but it also gives the student good points on their CV for having experience in a different country.
    When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
    no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/en/ma...8CB4B5.node_10

Language and money will be your biggest challenges. Most people who study abroad take a year in their home contry first, to learn the basics of the language. It might even be organized in a foregin exchange program, is as a part of a bachelor degree. Some studies offer language in the country for the first year though, but others will expect you to know it before you come - unless they offer studies in English, but they are usually limited subjects and mostly at Master or Doctorate level.
      Last edited by differentcountries; January 26, 2015, 06:22 PM.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
      X