Publicization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Publicization

I'm currently in a relationship with my best friend. We have not even been together for a month just yet, but we have been talking for quite a while now. We have skyped, talked on the phone, etc. I'm 16 (I know my age says otherwise, I apologize! I did not even notice this when I first created a profile), and he will be too as of next month. We have a distance of 500+ miles between the two of us, and neither of us can drive at this moment in time. I have no idea how to go about this, or how to tell my parents or bring up the idea of us being together in person. They don't know about him at all, but they support the idea of meeting people online being as that I've met several long distance friends in person before. I care about this boy very much and I'd love to make this work with him the best that I possibly can.

Any advice would be very much appreciated, thank you all so much.
    Last edited by madi; March 7, 2015, 09:34 PM.

Told them what you told us in the last couple sentences. That you'd like to meet him because you care for him a bit and would like to see if this is something that could grow with time.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I definitely agree with what Unconditional said, just tell them what you told us. Parents will be protective at first and may not completely understand, so you need to make them comfortable with the idea. Have a group skype session and let them meet him and talk to him so they see he is real and all that jazz, once they are comfortable with him and knowing he is who he says he is, then you can talk about how serious your feelings are for him and that you want to meet him. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X