3000 miles away :o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens 3000 miles away :o

Hey, I'm 17 and kind of need advice on how to handle this situation. Last year I used to go on kik and talk to people when I was with my friends as just a funny thing to do, but never really told them anything about me for obvious reasons (online people aren't always who they say they are) but then I met this guy and he ended up being absolutely amazing!! Though we have never skyped, I know he's who he says he is because we've used the kik camera which has to be a live picture quite often. It's been 9 months and we want to meet but it probably won't happen soon because of our age and our parents (they don't know). We've gotten really close and have said I love you and stuff like that but then decided to be friends and both accept that if we find someone near us that we like then we should date them. But honestly it feels like nothing has changed, we still act the same as before and in a way, I don't think that's a good thing. And sometimes, like this weekend, he'll read my message and won't respond because I guess my response wasn't "interesting" or something. I just want advice on if I should sort of seperate myself from him to prevent getting too hurt if something does happen (because I just think about him all the time and it makes me sad when he does this) He hasn't given me a reason not to trust him and is super sweet but it's still frustrating. Please give me some advice anything is welcome

I think the idea of staying just friends at this point is a good idea. Though it may not be easy, you have provided valid reasons as to why it is the best decision at this time.

I wouldn't say you have to give up the friendship. What I would suggest is making sure it's not the top priority in your life. Focus on school. Spend lots of time with your friends. It's almost summer vacation. Make sure you're getting out and doing things just as you would be if you hadn't met this guy. The more you concentrate on your regular life, the less he will be on your mind and such a focus of your thoughts. This will ease the transition for you back to a friendship state.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!! I am slowly getting to the point where I think of him just like a friend and have stopped acting in a way like we are dating or something. Every time something happens I still just want to tell him about it though, but I'm like that with a lot of my friends so I guess it's all normal

Comment

I am in sort of the same situation as you. Except my girlfriend is almost 10,000 miles away. Feel free to message me

Comment

It's a good thing that both of you have thought about it rationally and you've started to consider him just a "normal friend". Just go on with your life as usual and I would say, try to distance yourself more from him. Spend less time on kick than before. As sometimes there can still be fire beneath ashes.

Comment

Working...
          X