What am I supposed to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens What am I supposed to do?

Hey, my name is Lara and I'm in LDR (obviously) >< I'm from Thailand and my boyfriend is from Portugal though my boyfriend is a suicidal so it's hard for our relationship. I wanted to go meet him but my parent would not allow me I have been dating him for 8 months now and I love him so much, and I believe he loves me too. But, my friends hates him because he was saying bad things about them (He knows them because of me) and they bad about him too but they couldn't accept it so they wanted me to stop contacting him in any ways T^T They also made me choose between them and him, and I chose my friends and it made our relationship much worse and tiring Yes, I do know it;s my fault. I still keep chatting and calling with him through skype without wanting my friends to know and also my he is depress and he is attach to me, he doesn't have enough money to visit me so he wanted me to visit him but my parent don't trust him and it makes him even more depress about his life. I tried explaining to them shortly but they don't seem to believe in LDR. I guess people that I know doesn't believe in LDR so that's why I'm here.

This is the hardest relationship for me but I'm not giving up one bit, I just need advice of how I can meet him and how to make our relationship better.

Thank you

Well you posted in the teen forum, so i assume you are younger than 18. I have no idea about the age of majority in Thailand but i am going to go ahead and say if your parents do not want you to go and you are not yet an adult- there is pretty much no way to go. I hate to be pessimistic like this, but it's true. That being said his depression, he needs to get help. Whether that be therapy or seeing a doctor to get medications that will help- he needs help because you cannot possibly begin to help him- even if you were a mere couple of feet away. He shouldn't be so dependent on you so as to consider ending his life without you. He needs help, help you cannot give.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

For your and his sake, you should try to get rid of this relationship as soon as possible. It can cause serious psychological problem for you. Second trust your parents, if they don't think it is not right for you, you should follow their advice. There is a possibility that he is telling lies about him being suicidal, just to keep you his friend. But even if he is true, you should advice him to see a doctor. You should avoid seeing him, this relationship is so wrong on all the levels.

Comment

Hey bunny... its hard, I understand. But I have one advise for you: Try talking to him about his problems. Tell him, that if he won't seek help, your relationship won't work. Don't do something stupid like borrowing money from people and go to see him. It will not help and you may get into huge trouble. Just back up: you both are young. So if its the true and only love, you have all the life time infront of you! Go ahead, I don't think that u should stop talking to him. He needs support, if you became his reason to move on, support your man, you shall be together in good AND in bad times. But be the clever and guiding one. Say him, that he should talk to a doctor. Stop with any addictions (if there are some). Try to make him smile. Tell him, that he should do it for you. And then see: If he loves you, he will follow your advises.

Comment

If he is suicidal and deeply depressed, visits are the least of your problems. He needs professional help.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
          X