Visiting my younger boyfriend/parent issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Visiting my younger boyfriend/parent issues

Hey there, I'm Marley. I'm 18 and I'm going to visit my boyfriend in Texas sometime during Christmas break.
    Thing is. He just turned 17 in June and still lives with his parents. I havent visited yet but I've talked to his parents over skype a little and they seem to like me.
    Our concern is that his parents will make me stay in a hotel and not in their guest room.

And you know, the whole "how will we cuddle, yaddah yaddah" question has been coming up a lot.
    His room is also sound proof because he plays guitar so they probably wont let us be in his room with the door closed

I guess my main question is just, how can we make the visit a little more positive if I wont be staying with him?

Originally posted by mytexancowboy View Post
    Hey there, I'm Marley. I'm 18 and I'm going to visit my boyfriend in Texas sometime during Christmas break.
    Thing is. He just turned 17 in June and still lives with his parents. I havent visited yet but I've talked to his parents over skype a little and they seem to like me.
    Our concern is that his parents will make me stay in a hotel and not in their guest room.

And you know, the whole "how will we cuddle, yaddah yaddah" question has been coming up a lot.
    His room is also sound proof because he plays guitar so they probably wont let us be in his room with the door closed

I guess my main question is just, how can we make the visit a little more positive if I wont be staying with him?
    You can make it more positive by looking at the good aspects and not focus on what you consider negative. You are getting to spend time together without having to use a phone or computer. He lives with his parents and it will be their rules until he gets out on his own. Have you asked them directly if you are going to have to stay in a hotel?
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I agree with R&R, I mean the fact that you're visiting should be positive enough as it is. Yeah, things might not go exactly the way you want by staying at his house, but you're still getting to see him

Comment

I tend to agree with the other two: it's all about perspective. Yes, it's not ideal to be cuddling on the couch without any privacy, but I don't blame his parents. I would probably do the same thing if my 17 yo son brought home his SO. Definitely not shutting doors on any rooms! Hell, even after living with my SO, dating for almost two years, and being in our 20's, my parents are still weird about us being "alone together" in their house. It's a parent thing and they're trying to protect their child. The best thing that you can do is respect it and find ways to get your cuddle time while still being considerate of their rules. Go to a date in a movie theater or be okay with cuddling when they could walk in and make sure that's all you're doing.

Comment

Go out on dates! You can cuddle on park benches, no one should have a problem with that!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Cant he visit you in your hotel room?
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Probably. But we plan to spend the days out doing stuff and he couldn't stay the night.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
                You can make it more positive by looking at the good aspects and not focus on what you consider negative. You are getting to spend time together without having to use a phone or computer. He lives with his parents and it will be their rules until he gets out on his own. Have you asked them directly if you are going to have to stay in a hotel?
                True. It is way better than Skype. I haven't asked them yet but I'm hoping I wont have to. I do understand that "they're the parents, they make the rules" and I respect that, just being in the same town as him but sleeping in another bed is worse than being 1000 miles away in my own bed.

Comment

Originally posted by MissingMyDutchLove View Post
                  I tend to agree with the other two: it's all about perspective. Yes, it's not ideal to be cuddling on the couch without any privacy, but I don't blame his parents. I would probably do the same thing if my 17 yo son brought home his SO. Definitely not shutting doors on any rooms! Hell, even after living with my SO, dating for almost two years, and being in our 20's, my parents are still weird about us being "alone together" in their house. It's a parent thing and they're trying to protect their child. The best thing that you can do is respect it and find ways to get your cuddle time while still being considerate of their rules. Go to a date in a movie theater or be okay with cuddling when they could walk in and make sure that's all you're doing.
                  I wouldn't leave my child alone with their SO either. Haha, thats kind of hypocritical I guess. We don't plan on doing anything besides cuddling but I understand the parental concern. In the end I'm sure its going to be great either way. Thanks for positive insight! c:

Comment

Originally posted by mytexancowboy View Post
                    Probably. But we plan to spend the days out doing stuff and he couldn't stay the night.
                    You could choose to go to bed early, and set the alarm for when he has to get back. Then you will have time for bothh intimacy and cuddles. I am an adult (I was 33 when I met SO) but we had to do that because I started dating him right before I left my holiday and I had to catch my plane.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                    X