Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Help would be appreciated.

Hi!

So.. I recently started a LDR with this girl. I know that we don't live that far apart compared to alot of LDR relationships. But since i'm 16 and she's 15 we don't have money to get to each others places. We really love each other and want to visit each other all the time. But of course that isn't possible.

In my country we can only get a drivers license when we're 18+. So we can't just drive the 4 hour trip to each other. We need to grab the bus, the trains and all that.

I would like to know how we can hold on to these feelings and keep things exiting. neither of us has tried this before, so we really have no idea what to do but skype and platy games ;D

- Mads

Hey.

I think I can relate, I am almost 18 and my girlfriend is 17, and we live in the same country and the distance is similar.

About visits - we travel to each other by train, it takes about 9 hours and costs 80 zł, which is about 20€. You can try to ask your parents for some money, or you can take up some seasonal job as I did (It depends on the country, though. We can work from 16.)

We visit each other once a month, sometimes we see each other halfway - you can also consider that, you go half of the way and so she does.

To keep it alive - text, chat, skype, phone. You can do whatever you want that pleases you both, I guess. I would recommended 1000 questions for couples if you're unsure what to talk about, it's really inspiring.

Hope it will help you a bit!

Comment

Hey there!

I understand where you're coming from. I started my relationship when I was 14 and he was 16. We were in the same position you're in now. We had no money and couldn't drive to each other (we're each in different countries though and it's a bit different) Anyway, we didn't get to meet till we were 17 and 19 when we both graduated high school and jobs. I know it may be hard now, but focusing on school at the moment is really important. Unless you get money to go see each other, it seems like you will have to wait. You can always ask your parents though, maybe they can help out.

Keeping the relationship alive is important when you can't see each other for awhile. Texting, skyping, gaming, just chatting about anything always helps. Having communication is important when keeping a LDR. It may be hard now, but it gets better, don't give up

Comment

Working...
      X