HELP! ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens HELP! ...

So me and my SO have been together for 2 and a bit weeks so far and I couldn't be happier. At first I had problems with my nerves due to myself being a nervous person due to my past but since I made the thread about that on here I have grown to become way more comfortable around my SO and things are so much better now. We both love each other to bits and are so much happier now that we have each other.
    A couple of days ago I built up the courage to tell my mother about our relationship with my SO on the phone and she couldn't of reacted better in our opinion. She said she was completely fine with us and that she had noticed how much happier i had been in the past weeks and was happy that I had found someone that could make me happy again. However she has changed....
    Mum rang me on the way to pick me up from school on Monday and told me she didn't want me dating my SO because of the age difference. Me and my SO are only 2 years apart. I'm 15 and he's 17. She knew that the second I told her and she was fine with it but now for some reason she isn't. I need advice, I can't leave my SO because he means so much to me that I can't explain it in words. I don't understand why she has changed her opinion on us and we need help. What can we do to get around this?
    Thanks in advance.
    -Angel
    xx

I would suggest you talk to your mother to find out why she has changed her mind. It may be more than the age difference. You've only been dating 2 1/2 weeks. Maybe she is more concerned about how focused you are on someone you barely know. If my daughter at 15 was telling me she loved someone she had only been dating 2 1/2 weeks, yes, I would be having her slow waaaaaaaay down.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

this is posted in two places ...may want to check both ..

Comment

Yup, I agree. The only way that she'll take your relationship seriously and support it is if you act like an adult and sit down and talk to her. Moms are pretty damn smart. If you just let her talk and listen to her reasoning with an open mind, I think you'll find you can understand where she is coming from. The key here though is with an open mind. If you think you know everything and go in with that attitude, you're going to get no where.

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
          this is posted in two places ...may want to check both ..
          I thought I'd posted on this subject already lol. Glad to know I'm not going crazy - yet

Comment

Working...
          X