Please, Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Please, Help

Hello everyone, I'm new here but just forget about it...
    I'm Houari and I'm 16 m from Algeria, and I'm in a LDR with my best friend (now my GF) from the USA, well we're in this relation since 31st December, 2015 (pretty new I know) I love her so much, and I try my best to make her happy, we really don't want to lose each other, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only one contributing, I mean I'm the one searching(that's why I'm here), asking and speaking, but she's so nervous and her only response is:" OK, I love you"
    Well I want her to be more interactive, to ask me questions, to tell me stories like I do.
    How can I tell her? Please help me guys I really love her and I really don't wasn't to lose her

Oh and one more thing, Valentine is coming and I want to do something for her, the problem is that I can't send anything by mail? Any suggestions
    Last edited by Algerian General; January 9, 2016, 05:21 AM.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Okay first of all. You said she was your best friend, now GF. I don't see why she is nervous, I don't get his part. Did she tell you about her day/stories and stuff before getting together? Or is this something new? Cuz if yes, you can maybe tell her that you have this problem. You need to have good communication. If she is nervous, ask her about her day, maybe she will warm up to you (?) in no time.

Valentine's day - if you can't send anything, you could always just write a poem, read it up to her, a love letter that you read up again, ask her to listen to you. There's always a way to be creative.

Comment

Thanks, and actually she had this problem since we were friends but still... I'll try to tell her as you said
      Thank you again

Comment

Communication is always first...but you must also learn to listen and have patience. Find an activity you can enjoy together...perhaps reading a book to each other or playing an online game or watching a movie? Enjoy each moment and best wishes!

Comment

Well, I thought of that it's just a month in the relationship(about), and I think that being in a relationship can be nervous as in the beginning of all relationships(depends on how you met and were from the start though). I've been with my SO for 3 years this year, and with the time you will grow steady and the nervousity disappear (there's still some at times though I have to admit ) we know each other, what we like, what we don't like, how we react, humour, but also there's always new things to discover. As things to do with each other is to play a game, write a story together, watch movies, share songs/fun clips. Just talking to get to know each other as a couple. And then there's honesty, if you feel that something isn't good it's good to tell the SO that, to show that, hey, I wont hold back and sneak nehind your back, I want to be honest with you and hope you'll do the same. Also, give space for some "owntime" and not be too clingy is a good tips, no pressure.

To Valentines day I would try to do a playlists of songs that reminds me of SO easy to send by mail or anything on internet. Or if you have some photo editing skills you could make a picture to her, so she can print it out.

Comment

Oh, those are some nice ideas, thanks
            By the way, photo editing skills??
            I'm actually lead graphics designer in a game studio, so yeah I've got the skills, I also contacted her uncle (he's 13yrs lol) and I asked her some questions about what she like, now I made my decisions:

-a long love letter (I'll try to make it as long as the distance) with a poem
            -I'll make a playlist, and that's going to be on a picture that I'll make in Photoshop(I'm learning how to make some cool oil paint effects, I think that should do)
            -and I'll take her on a virtual date (I'll use Skype, and there will be food and all)

Thanks for the support guys and girls, you're the best

Comment

Commmunication is key in ANY relationship & you must communicate how you feel she needs to contribute more to the flow of conversation and as for Valentines Day, why can't you mail her anything? I would say send her a Valentine's Day email that have some online that are free.
              CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Comment

Check out the love letters and gifts section of the forum, there's heaps of ideas there.
                Here's the link

https://members.lovingfromadistance....cial-Occasions

Comment

Thank you RedHeart really appreciate that
                  That sections actually helped a lot
                  The community is really friendly tho

Comment

Working...
                  X