Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not talking as much as used to... Am I being paranoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Not talking as much as used to... Am I being paranoid?

We've only been in a relationship for 7 months or so, I understand that life happens and my SO can get busy. We are both in school so I get when homework takes up time or drains your energy. I guess I'm just worried because lately we've gone at least a week without talking, yet I see her on social media (Instagram, Snapchat). I just feel neglected, but I feel bad about feeling this way. My SO is sensitive and I don't want to make her feel bad about it.

Am I being clingy? Am I worrying too much? Any comments are helpful, thanks.
    Why do we fall and not rise into love?
    Because you become vunerable in it.
    -jangandfox (on instagram)

Like you said... School stuff takes up a lot of time! Do you text or email during the day? Set up skype dates etc? You both need to talk and come to a compromise. It's ok to be on fb and Instagram. Life doesn't stop when you are in love. You still have your friends and need to keep them. Love isn't about taking over your life, it's enriching it and adding to what you have.
    So talk to her and come up with a compromise that works for both of you.

Comment

I can relate so much! At first i learned this, i used to talk to my boyfriend 24/7 like all the time. We skyped 2/5 hours a day aswell and it gradually got less and less. There is something called the 3month challenge because its said that after three months youll get to know the person very good. Also you will run out of subjects to talk about since ofc, you would know almost all about eachother after so much chatting. Sure its very hard at first. My bf is a gamer and he used to game all time forgetting about me. It sure sucks and yea.. i would ask her if there is something wrong to be sure. If she gives a reason i think you should try to get used to that and accept that and gradually it will get better ^-^ its just a thing of accepting.. sucky thing of a LDR.. ;I i wish you the best of luck ^^

Comment

I've been having the same problem and have also been thinking I am paranoid. I think it all boils down to the fact that school/work and everything can use up a lot of time and because of this it maybe isnt as easy to talk to your SO as much as you used to and vise versa. It sucks, i know but maybe your SO hasn't noticed that you dont talk as much anymore, maybe mention it in a message to let her know you've have picked up on it? Anyway i wish you and your SO luck in the future and i hope this helps.

Comment

Since I posted this we've talked and I've figured out why our communication has somewhat diminished. She's taking 7 college classes!! She's so drained after classes and homework that she comes home and goes to bed.

I mean after I asked her why she's stressing herself out. She's doing it because the sooner she gets 50% of her degree done the sooner she go to study abroad and see me.

It all works out in the end. I've come to realize that sometimes this happens in LDRs. Thank you everyone for your advice.
          Why do we fall and not rise into love?
          Because you become vunerable in it.
          -jangandfox (on instagram)

Comment

Working...
          X