Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble figuring out how to word this question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Having trouble figuring out how to word this question...

Okay, so as I mentioned before in a previous post I have recently told my mom about my LDR. My SO and I have only been together for about 6 months, but I want to start planning a meet up with her. I still live with my parents (though that might have been obvious). I'm just not sure how to ask my mom about perhaps meeting with my SO. It's a simple question but it's kind of hard to figure out how to pose the question. Any ideas?

I should mention that I am turning 18 in a few months but I don't have a job so it's not like I can just say 'Hey parents I'm going on a trip to meet someone I met on the internet.' And when I told her about my LDR she did ask if we had planned to meet, I said yes but told her it wasn't in the near future. I also pretty much go anywhere with either both of my parents or my mom, so if I wanted to try and meet on a family vacation either. I should also mention that I don't have any friends that I could bring with me for backup/excuse for going somewhere.

I know this is long but any help would be very appreciated, I want to start saving up for a trip soon but want to try and get my mom on board in case she wants to come along for 'support/protection'.
    Why do we fall and not rise into love?
    Because you become vunerable in it.
    -jangandfox (on instagram)

Originally posted by TheOnyxStar View Post
    Okay, so as I mentioned before in a previous post I have recently told my mom about my LDR. My SO and I have only been together for about 6 months, but I want to start planning a meet up with her. I still live with my parents (though that might have been obvious). I'm just not sure how to ask my mom about perhaps meeting with my SO. It's a simple question but it's kind of hard to figure out how to pose the question. Any ideas?

I should mention that I am turning 18 in a few months but I don't have a job so it's not like I can just say 'Hey parents I'm going on a trip to meet someone I met on the internet.' And when I told her about my LDR she did ask if we had planned to meet, I said yes but told her it wasn't in the near future. I also pretty much go anywhere with either both of my parents or my mom, so if I wanted to try and meet on a family vacation either. I should also mention that I don't have any friends that I could bring with me for backup/excuse for going somewhere.

I know this is long but any help would be very appreciated, I want to start saving up for a trip soon but want to try and get my mom on board in case she wants to come along for 'support/protection'.
    I think just being up front with her about it would be best. "Mom, I'll be 18 soon and want to go visit SO after my birthday. I plan on saving up for the trip and I'd really like for you to go with me! I'd like it if we could start planning the trip together. What do you think?"
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
    X