What am I supposed to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens What am I supposed to do?

My boyfriend used to be my best friend; we had mostly everything in common, we got along, we'd talk for hours...which is why we got together in the first place. It may sound silly but we believed in being soulmates. And the relationship idea was amazing. He's the best guy one could ever get, literally. But he had to move away beacuse of his parents' job.

He's very far away right now, and we've spent our second year of a relationship in long distance. It went fine at first, all the same, we were both sad we coulnd't physically be with each other. But latley, he took a change. He isn't who he used to be at all. He replies in short messages and only replies when I text him multiple times. He's not happy to chat with me. Not AS happy anyway. I asked him millions of times why and yesterday he finally told me. Distance...stopped him feeling the same way he did for me when we weren't together.

But here's the cacth: distance made my feelings stronger for him. So a break up would ruin me. Besides, it would be SUCH a shame to let go of a guy like him..

Yesterday he suggested we break up but we start over when there's no distance. But judging by our situation, it doesn't seem too realistic he'll come back to me.

Is there anything I can do to reignite our love? Anything that can save us? We never had a legit argument or a fight before; we never even took a break from each other. This is very anticlimactic and I don't believe it's actually happening.

Hi, welcome to the forum.
    Here's a link of a thread with some advice for you
    https://members.lovingfromadistance....502-New-to-LDR
    All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by _it'smalice_ View Post
      My boyfriend used to be my best friend; we had mostly everything in common, we got along, we'd talk for hours...which is why we got together in the first place. It may sound silly but we believed in being soulmates. And the relationship idea was amazing. He's the best guy one could ever get, literally. But he had to move away beacuse of his parents' job.

He's very far away right now, and we've spent our second year of a relationship in long distance. It went fine at first, all the same, we were both sad we coulnd't physically be with each other. But latley, he took a change. He isn't who he used to be at all. He replies in short messages and only replies when I text him multiple times. He's not happy to chat with me. Not AS happy anyway. I asked him millions of times why and yesterday he finally told me. Distance...stopped him feeling the same way he did for me when we weren't together.

But here's the cacth: distance made my feelings stronger for him. So a break up would ruin me. Besides, it would be SUCH a shame to let go of a guy like him..

Yesterday he suggested we break up but we start over when there's no distance. But judging by our situation, it doesn't seem too realistic he'll come back to me.

Is there anything I can do to reignite our love? Anything that can save us? We never had a legit argument or a fight before; we never even took a break from each other. This is very anticlimactic and I don't believe it's actually happening.
      Welcome to LFAD. Not everyone is cut out for a long distance relationship. Though it seems you are able to work with it, your ex-SO wasn't able to. Some people just aren't able to handle being away from their SO and they have every right to feel that way.

You are going to have to respect his decision. You can't force someone to be in a relationship. Most breakups leave one person still wanting the relationship while the other person has made the decision that it's no longer right for them. Almost everyone is going to be on the receiving end of it at some point in their life.

The best thing you can do now is get back to your life. Get involved in activities at school. Spend time with your friends. Do things you enjoy. You are a whole person all on your own, so take time to do things for you.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
      X