Coping with loneliness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Coping with loneliness?

I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I just need advice. My SO and I are 5000 miles apart and the distance kills me sometimes. I deal with loneliness often in the evenings and at night and because of the time difference he's not able to console or comfort me. I'm not really sure how to cope with the loneliness when he is really the only one who can.

Hi Alex,
    First of all, welcome to this forum !

About your situation, I think many people here can relate to how you're feeling. It's normal to feel that way and we all know that it's sometimes really really tough to be apart from the person you love. Unfortunately, it's part of any LDR , and you need to learn how to live with it and handle it, without your SO helping you each time. You need to be independant.

What I can suggest you to do so is : get distracted. Whenever you start to feel lonely, sad, really desperate about the distance, focus on anything that can help you take your mind out of it : studies, hobbies (art, music, sports, reading, series...), calling or hanging out with friends or family.

If you feel very down one day, what you can do is do something related to your SO. For example, write him a letter that you'll send him/give to him at the next meeting, prepare a package that you'll send him, make a playlist of the songs you'd like him to listen to, etc... It will make you feel closer to him somehow, and it'll calm you down.
    Don't do that all the time though. As I said earlier, you need to learn how to be independant and how to handle this without him, how to have your own healthy life whom he's not the center.

I hope this helped you
    Good luck !

Comment

Working...
    X