No announcement yet.

LDR In high school, any advice helps :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens LDR In high school, any advice helps :)

I’m new to the whole forum thing but I figured there’s got to be some other people out there in my situation. I’m in high school and I’m 15 I’ve been really struggling with the 958 mile gap between my boyfriend and I for 10-11 months now and we’ve been dating about year. We used to go to school together before he moved away, his family is military so he knew he was moving even when we were just becoming friends before we started dating. When he asked me out I had already known he was going to move in a little over a month but I could tell he was worth it.

But now here I am wondering if it’s all worth it. I miss him so much. It sounds silly to anyone a few years my senior but I love him and I don’t know if I’ll ever find anyone as special to me as he is. I definitely don’t want to break up with him I couldn’t bring myself to do it. But I’m just looking for some advice on how to get through the hard days. Because we can’t live in the same state again for another 3 years. I get to see him again this summer and I’m so pumped but there’s a lot more days until we get there. And how am I going to say goodbye when he leaves me again? I need to find motivation, support, and advice to get through it all from someone who understands and is around my age or knows what this is like from experience. None of my friends do and my parents certainly don’t. The only people who would get it is his parents because they were long distance for four years while his dad was deployed before they were married but I can’t talk to them. Even my boyfriends brother has a girlfriend long distance but they are in college and think that my boyfriend and I don’t know what Love is at 15 years old. Help?!
    Last edited by 1000.katie.0001; May 2, 2018, 09:15 PM.

I know exactly how you feel. 2 years ago, I met the love of my life, I was 16 nearly 17 years old. When we started dating it was hard to be apart from him and not be able to do things that couples usually do. My best advice for you is to do certain activities with each other. Some of mine and my boyfriend's favorite things to do are: watching a movie together while skyping, sending letters, sending packages (we especially love it when they are homemade), and role playing. I have found that these things make you feel closer to your SO. And as for feeling like the time till you see him is forever, I also have a couple of tips for that. I have made a countdown calendar with the number of days left until I see him on it. We are also going to start reading a book 25 days before the day before he arrives. We will read a chapter everyday, finish the book the day before he gets here, and when he finally arrives we will watch the movie together. I am sorry if this was no help, this is just my own personal experience from someone who has been in an LDR for 2 years and 4 months. If you have any more questions feel free to message me
    Last edited by JLJR; May 6, 2018, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X