Lost feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Lost feelings

Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I dated for 5 months before he had to move to MA for hockey. We had plans to see each other for Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas, late January, and then he moves back in March. But he recently said he lost feelings and broke up with me. He told me the distance was too hard, but he wanted to get back together at some point and that he still loves me. I love him so much and breaking up was the hardest thing I have ever been through. But I am so confused on what to do. He still wants me to visit and he said we could get back together when we get to see each other in person. But I don’t want to wait a whole month and a half to get back together. We haven’t told anyone we broke up except close friends so I still talk to people as if he’s still my boyfriend and it’s very hard because I don’t have anyone to talk to. How can I get us back together before October? I was going to ask him to talk, but I don’t even know what I would say. Please help!!

It sounds like he's finding it difficult to cope with distance and feelings, maybe he's lost some feelings but if he says he still loves you then I'd imagine he really wants to still be with you but thinks it will be easier for himself if he's not in a LDR.

In some ways day to day there's not that much difference between being single and being in a LDR but for some people it seems easier to break up with someone and bury your feelings than it is to be coping with all the LDR feelings that tear you apart every day.

Someone may have better insight but I think all you can really do is ask him if he's happy now or not.
    He's probably not so then you ask if he wants to get back together. If he is happy and doesn't want to get back into a LDR then I don't really know what to suggest.

LDR's aren't easy for anyone and sometimes it seems easier to get out of it. I hope it works out. Let us know what happens

Comment

Thank you so much! We have plans to talk later tonight, so I will let you all know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
      X