Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I [M18] have a crush on my friend online F[21]. What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens I [M18] have a crush on my friend online F[21]. What do I do?

In January I met a girl over a discord/Snap chat game who lives about an hour away from me. I knew she was a pretty girl but I just didn’t have an attraction to her at all early on. During the game I would stay up till 3 in the morning talking with her and 2 of my other friends I met in the game. We all became really close but then even after the game we would sit in calls on discord with other members in the community pretty much all night and still do

But I was especially becoming closer and closer with this girl and she still snaps me everyday and we’ve been each other’s best friends on Snap chat for over 2 months now. It was becoming a very good friendship.

So one day about a month ago during one of the discord calls one of her friends who she had known for a few years had jokingly mentioned she had a secret from the game we played in January and the girl would get super defensive over it and was really adamant about nobody knowing about this. I texted her kinda poking fun I was like you should tell me what the secret is and she said no at first but I kept just saying it wasn’t a big deal and she said she would think about it.

She was very reluctant to tell me but she ended up telling me after everyone got off the call for the night. She said she thought I was pretty attractive and talked about it with her other friend while the game was going on and it bothered her because she had a boyfriend that she was taking a break from at the time but they weren't seeing anyone else. She ended it by saying she hoped things aren't awkward between the 2 of us now

As I’m reading this I was completely shocked and I honestly didn’t know what to say immediately so I just said thanks and it means a lot that you told me this. I woke up the next morning and realized I shouldn't have been so surprised. Like I said before we did text everyday and were each others best friends on snap chat for over 2 months now and whenever some of the guys in the call would joke around and say who they thought was attractive during the season she would get a little jealous and even more jealous if I ever said anything

But it kinda made my day when she texted me this and I let her know that the next night and she claimed that she could say something else but it would make it more a awkward between us. Right away I was just playing it cool and saying don’t tell but for about a month it was kinda eating at me what it was

But ever since that day I’ve been feeling a deeper connection for her and I really want to meet her in person. It’s gotten to the point to when if I see a picture with her and her boyfriend I get jealous myself. A few people from the community are going to a trip a few hours away from me and she is begging me to go on this trip and I said definitely no at first but I am becoming more open to the idea.

So last night I decided to just ask her straight up and I told her that the thing I didn’t want to know before because it would make it really awkward, I’m curious and now I wanna know. She asked me to not tell anyone and then she told me

She said that mentioning I was attractive before was awkward for her because she had a bf before and still does but he’s being a real dick and it’s getting progressively worse so she feels less bad saying it now. But she still didn’t want to tell me before that it was more than just physical stuff that she liked me. I realized this was my opportunity and I told her well to be honest I kinda felt the same way, I just never told anyone. She seemed surprised but not too surprised. She said her friend thought it was super obvious between us and she was surprised I didn’t realize earlier. I said I’ve never had a girlfriend or anything so that probably why I didn’t pick up on anything

It went pretty well for the most part I would say. I’ve only known her for 3 months so I hope that I didn’t miss my opportunity and she had feelings for me and now she lost them. Neither of us said that these feelings were still around but we both didn’t deny it either so I don’t really know.

My mind was racing last night and I could barely get any sleep. What do you guys think I should do?

If you read all of that thank so much I've never had a gf before so any advice helps

I would say to tell her you are still attracted to her and ask if she still feels the same.

Open and honest communication is essential in a long distance relationship. I'm not familiar with games or all the social media options, but could you video chat with her outside the game?

Comment

Well, this is quite interesting. If she thinks you're attractive then that's
      okay for her to think

Comment

Working...
      X