help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens help

So me and my girlfriend started dating at the age of 15 and will be turning 18 soon,everything was great then her parents had to move to a total different state and for the first 2 years everything was still fine we had contact 24/7 and one day something happens and it slowly drained me and made me lose feelings and it hurts my feelings because deep down inside I can still remember what it felt like to love her and to be in love but sometimes it goes away and comes back I have come to conclusion that I lost feelings but i still wanna stay and take care of her and move in with her and hopes that it will come back for her. I have told her what’s been going on but sometimes it negative and just wanna end it because it’s no right for her but she wants to work it out and I do too but what do I do? Is There a way to work it out? Can it come back? If they don’t ever return is it okay if I still stay ?

First of all “ love” is a verb ie something you do. It’s not an emotion! It’s a choice and for serious relationships to work long term it’s a choice both people need to make regardless of the feelings of the day.

It’s like any parent of a two year old can tell you, there are days when you feel wonderful happy thoughts about the little angel. Everything he or she does is so cute.
    Then there are the days when they flush your grandpa’s gold pocket-watch down the toilet and all of your emotions are screaming “ kill”. But you don’t stop loving them just because you are angry and you certainly don’t act on the impulse to kill.
    Love is putting the other first it’s caring for and about the other at least as much if not more than self.

Emotional states are temporary. They come and go. But if you want a permanent relationship it needs to be based on something more stable than emotions.

Comment

Working...
    X