No announcement yet.

Members with children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an 18 month old boy and 7 year old. my SO has two sons ages 5,7.. he has spoke to my kids during skype calls but never met them in person and I never met his sons but seen pics. I am hoping when we close the distance that there is no jealous issues. I will love his kids as if they are mine and hoping he will do the same for mine!

Comment

i have a 3 yo daughter, my bf doesn't have any children (yet, he intends for us to have 2 or 3 together). she adores him. she always wants to talk to him on the phone and when he came to visit she was super well behaved the whole time lol. he's really good with her and enjoys her antics. we are planning to relocate this summer so she can start pre-k and dance there. they have ballet at the ymca for her age and she LOVES to dance . she has no relationship with her father because he never bothers to call or come see her, so i'm not worried about any issues there.

Comment

Okay, so my kido met my SO.

At first she was a bit weary but Adam just bought her with how open, listening and interested she was about everything, I translated quite a lot and they were teaching each other their languages. (Imagine this 6 year old pointing at things and saying slowly how each thing is called) It was amazing and heartwarming sight to see.

In the end She'd rather stay with uncle Adam than me, they formed a friendship to the point where she told me that she loves him only a little less than me and daddy. Language barier is no barier at all if there is care and opennes included.
        “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
        ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
        Closed the distance >21.03.2015
        sigpic

Comment

I have 3, and my SO has 4. Between us they are 17(g), 15(g), 14(b), 13(b), 12(b), 10(g), and 6(b). My kids all know about him, know the nature of our relationship, like him and are excited for the day that we close the distance. He interacts with my kids on a regular basis, mine are the 14, 13, and 6. His 17yo, knows about me, and we have interacted, but shes not happy with the situation, but his divorce isn't final yet and she has issue with that, understandably. His other children know about me, but dont know the nature of the relationship, and I guess thats ok. I have only ever met the 17yo, and that is because she is involved in the same international youth group as my daughter, which is how we met. I actually knew her, and her mom before I knew him! He loves my kids, and I love his, even if his 17yo is difficult.

Comment

My SO has 3, I have none and enjoy the challenge. We've been together for what feels like a significant time now and the kids have done well to adjust to the way we do things.

Closing the distance soon, while apprehensive about all that I will have to leave, looking forward to it and excited to spend time with all of them.

Comment

I have a 7yr old and 4yr old. We have known each other for a couple of years now, he's talked to my 4yr old. She likes him so far. My 7 yr old doesn't know much about it and I like it that way right now. Maybe after a few visits I think. He actually wasn't taken back from me having kids but takes interest in their activities and likes the fact that he can be a part of their life one day

Comment

My kids have seen him twice (for a day/half day) when he has visited and they have spoken (well my 5 year old doesnt speak much English LOL, but she tries and can do the hello's and how are you's ) loads of times on Skype. When the kids are with me they usually come and make faces on Skype and have loads of fun. He is so good with children
                I haven't met his son IRL yet, but loads of times on Skype.
                We've been talking for over a year and calculate the relationship to have begun from our first visit in October last year.
                Also we both take an interest in the children's lives and activities, send birthday&christmas presents etc.

Because of the distance and the children having their lives, family, friends, roots in a different country, I don't think we will ever be living together with the children while they are young. So I don't think neither of us will have a real step mom/step dad relationship with the others child/ren. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing I think the role will evolve to be more like a friend to them. They all have a set of parents anyway

Comment

I have a 10 month old daughter and since I have no SO no children on that part

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I have a 7 year old daughter and my SO has a 12 year old little girl. While I met my SO in NC, he has moved back to TX to be closer to his daughter (thats where she lives). My daughter absolutely loves him, but unfortunately I've only met his daughter through Google hangout and talked to her on the phone. The distance, fact that both girls are in school and we don't neccesarily have the funds to travel all of us, we have had to use technology as much as possible to our advantage. Without even physically meeting her though, I can't wait for all of our family to be joined!!

Comment

My little girl will be 1 year in two weeks! Aaahhhhh! SO doesn't have any children and it's something we've been discussing a lot lately as I really don't want any more. We're taking it slow and figuring things out. I'm hoping that if it gets to it, there won't be too many adjustment issues since she's so young.

Comment

I have a 29-month-old son. My SO has no children. So far they have only seen each other on webcam a couple of times. My son LOVES when people are on cam so he was always smiling and my SO played with him a little making faces at him. So far my son really isn't at that stage of knowing anything about the relationships, so that's that for now. My son knows who he is though, he'll see a picture and say "Kas Kas!" (My SO's name is Waqas, but my son just says Kas)

Comment

I have a 5yr old and my SO has 3 children. Two girls and one boy. He has already told his 8 yr old daughter about me. I've talked to her a tiny bit. She has already told him that she is excited for me to be her step mom and I seem like a lot of fun. Shes really funny. I've always wanted a daughter. I don't think I'll tell my son about my SO until we decide on closing the distance. I'm flattered that he mentioned me to her already and possibly moving here to be with me. He says she took it pretty well and wants to move with him.

4 children between the both of us and we want 3 more children. It's going to be a fulll house during the holidays.
                          :-)

Comment

I have a 5 year old daughter and he has no kids. When my SO asked me to move to in with him while he works towards moving back to my country, I could not because my girl's needs are more important than anyone else's.

Usually when I Skype, she will join in as well. She will instigate playful arguments about whose boyfriend he really is and he enjoys her presence.

Comment

I have an almost 2 year old son and my SO has no children. My son loves him and will say my SO's name every time he sees my phone. He will always join in on FaceTime, he loves fist bumps! lol. He learned that when my SO visited a couple months ago. My son absolutely loved him! They were buddies and had a great time. Once while we were on FaceTime, my son said something and my SO laughed and blurted "That's my boy!". I am happy with their relationship.

Comment

LOL Tabykat I have a coworker who comes in and fist pumps us every morning, and before leaving in the evening.

I have 2 daughters ages 16 and almost 7. Both like my SO. The oldest says he's "cool" LOL and the little one keeps asking him what he's getting her for her birthday LOL. Kids...
                                He also has 3 children, but the relationship with the ex isn't too good so he doesn't really have a relationship with the kids just pays for them... which isn't fair but I know there's 3 sides to every story...

Comment

Working...
                                X