Kids Growing Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids Growing Up

My baby is the only one still at home and she is 17 and in high school. My oldest daughter is soon to be 26 and living her own life. My son, who I've always been close to, turned 20 in December and signed up in the military.

He shipped out to Afghanistan this morning. I didn't realize how hard it would hit me when he left. Any advice from other military moms out there going through the same kind of thing? I know it's not as bad now as it was but still, that's my baby and he wanted to go. Right now, I just want him home safe.
    Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
    Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
    Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
    Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
    Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

I'm not a military mom but I just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you and your son.

Comment

My SO's son actually wants to join the military after he graduates next year, so while I don't know what it feels like yet (I know he's not my son but I've know him since he was born), I know the SO is already having a hard time dealing with the thought of it. He keeps hoping his son will change his mind.

The best thing I think we can do is just hope that he stays safe. He'll be in my thoughts

Comment

well i dnt knw how it feels to have a son far away in such place for military reason, but i do knw how does it feel to have my SO as a Marine that far away, and busy most of the time, im pretty sure that the feeling is most likely the same.
        what branch of the military he joined?

Comment

No matter how old they are they're still your babies. (hugs)

Comment

Working...
          X