Christmas Presents for your SO's kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Presents for your SO's kids

Someone in the main forum posted about what to get their SO's for Christmas, so I decided that we should open it up as to what you do for their kids, or what, if anything, does your SO do for your children?

The past 2 years, I bought my SO's teenage son gift subscriptions to gamefly.com. And he has definitely used them, but I wanted to maybe do something different this year. He is 17 (and will be 18 in March), so I though some money would be good, but money is just so impersonal He mentioned wanting a wireless headset for the X-Box, so I might look for one, but I don't know yet. I guess I'll know when I see it!

My SO didn't get my son anything the first year because he didn't really know him (they'd only met once at that point) but last year got him a Star Wars alarm clock and the Star Wars Lego X-Box game. We were talking last week about gifts and I think he might be getting him some more Star Wars stuff (this is how they bond since my SO is a huge Star Wars nerd, and my son likes it too).

Do you give your SO's kid(s) gifts for the holidays? Do they return the favor to yours? Or do you both just agree to just give gifts from the parents (and Santa)?

This is our first, but I'm getting my SO's 12 (almost 13) year old a toaster. Don't I sound like the cool one? No! But that's what he wants. I'm going to check with my SO a little closer to the holidays to make sure thats still what he wants. I have no idea if he's getting Nate anything. If the epic toaster doesn't work out, it will be something xbox related, I am sure.

Comment

My SO has 2 young children and even though I've never met them in person, I've seen them through Skype and pictures. I love kids and have been a nanny for years and so I really would like to give his kids a Christmas present but I don't know if that would be weird since we just got together about a month ago and I've never officially met his kids. I bought a couple small things and think I'm going to send them anyway with a little disclaimer note saying "Sorry if this is weird!" Hahaha, but yeah, I got his 5 year old daughter a set of fairy wings she can wear and a tinkerbell Barbie, and I got his 2 year old son a spiderman hooded jacket that comes with a spiderman mask attached to the hood (my SO is a huge spiderman nerd so I think he'll get a kick out of it).

Comment

I've been debating with myself whether or not to get his son something. But I'm really lacking on money at the moment. I think I probably won't this year and will get him something after we close the distance instead.

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I usually get gifts for my GF's two nephews who she lives with.

Comment

This will be our first Christmas together but I will be getting my SO's son a christmas gift or two. He's going on 2 years old so I know it's not as challenging as a 17/18 year old but I think it's important to be in his life as early and as much as I can. I know my SO would want to get me something but her situation is different than mine so I don't expect nor require any gifts for christmas. I'll get her gifts this year because well, it is what I want to do :P . I don't have any kids myself so I guess I'm not as challenged in the current situation. The hard part is going to be not being there to see his little face light up when he gets his gifts and not being able to hold her while we watch him open them.

Comment

Working...
            X