Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for the ladies (or guys with male partner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for the ladies (or guys with male partner)

If your SO is a dad, do you get him anything for Father's Day? My SO shocked me with two dozen roses delivered to me for Mother's Day - it doesn't seem like there is an easy equivalent to that. He's a great dad to his 13 year old son, has full custody. I don't just want to send a card, but I'm SUPER stumped. Worse is if our plans shape up as we're expecting, I leave the next day to visit him, and a few days in is our one year anniversary, which is another occasion I'd like to gift him for. He doesn't like sports, he doesn't drink, he's on a strict diet, not a hardcore fan of anything. He's a former gamer, a big computer nerd, and gives me nothing to work with when I ask for ideas.
    Any thoughts? Please? >.<

I know my SO doesn't have a kid but I might have a few ideas you could use.

If you'll be spending time together why not give him "coupons" for massages or other favors he might like
    Treat him to a nice (but healthy) dinner, either handmade or you could go out.
    If he drinks coffee or tea you could get him a "worlds greatest dad" mug, I'm sure they'll be selling em somewhere around fathers day.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

This doesn't really have anything to do with Father's Day. But I got my SO a fleece blanket and had our names embroidered on it like XXX loves XXX I slept with it for a week and sent it to him so it smelled like me. He loves it! He really loved that it smelled like me and the scent lasted for awhile. I told him it was something to keep him warm and snuggley while I wasn't with him.

He sent me a mother's day present also totally unexpected so I will send him a father's day gift not quite sure what yet.

Oh and I had professional lingerie pictures take for him for Christmas. He really loves those!

Comment

Originally posted by srtd35 View Post
        This doesn't really have anything to do with Father's Day. But I got my SO a fleece blanket and had our names embroidered on it like XXX loves XXX I slept with it for a week and sent it to him so it smelled like me. He loves it! He really loved that it smelled like me and the scent lasted for awhile. I told him it was something to keep him warm and snuggley while I wasn't with him.
        I love this idea! What a great suggestion

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of just wishing him a happy father's day like I did last year.

Comment

I think that maybe he thought no one would get you anything and really does not expect anyting in return. Some guys just love doing things with no expectation of a gift in return. They also know how we love gifts and most guys I know really don't care about gifts on holidays.
            If you feel compelled to get him something how about a cookbook since he's on a strict diet. If he has limited things he can eat there are some great cookbooks with recipes he may never have thought of. If he's like my guy not a creative chef, he would probably appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
            X