Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonely

Hey guys
    Background info :I've moved back to London to be with SO. We now have a three and a half month old baby.
    He goes to work, and I'm at home with the baby all day.
    I'm very lonely, feel like crying. Craving emotional support. My SO doesn't have a clue how to deal with emotional stuff. So, I'm kinda screwed there.
    It's been this way for two months now. My head is telling me to go back home and live with my parents but obviously, my heart wants to be where my SO is. But without the emotional support, it's just too hard.
    And it doesn't help that my mother in law just causes more trouble for us.
    I know I'm luckier than some to actually be with SO but since giving birth, it's just been a downward spiral emotionally and I'm so very lonely.

Why don't you go out for a walk or find some baby groups to help you get out and have people that can relate to you?

Comment

Why don't you go to a mummy cafe? They are awesome. We have a Bertie and Boo's here and it's fabulous.

Comment

Ok so I just registered on a mums forum. I'll try and connect with some mothers in my area.
        Have any of you ever had issues with a SO who refuses to deal with the emotional side to things? I'm at a loss and tired of talking and explaining myself when I know to him, it's like I'm speaking a language completely alien to him.
        It didn't matter before when it was just the two of us. I had a hectic social life and lots going on and even SO and I did loads of things together. All of that has just vanished and it's really depressing

Comment

Oh if I saw your post before id probably help you because i was in the same situation. How are you doing now?

Comment

While it is important to have other people in your life to visit with and share your time, the symptoms of loneliness you're describing sounds big. I hope this has resolved as Im posting this a few months later but if it hasn't seek help for post partum depression. As soon as possible. And get your partner on board.

Comment

Is there some kids "park " you can go to ? Not like a kindergarten but where parents can come too.

Also, when he gets home from work, after dinner you need to get out of the house. Go find a workout for new mums, see a movie by yourself, attend a lecture or whatever you like, get some impulses. You dont have to explain , just leave the child with him to get some alone time. That will tell him everything he needs to know.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The OP posted this a year and 5 months ago...if she is still around it would be nice to hear how she and her so and the toddler are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  Is there some kids "park " you can go to ? Not like a kindergarten but where parents can come too.

Also, when he gets home from work, after dinner you need to get out of the house. Go find a workout for new mums, see a movie by yourself, attend a lecture or whatever you like, get some impulses. You dont have to explain , just leave the child with him to get some alone time. That will tell him everything he needs to know.
                  I agree,everyone needs some alone time,espically when you have children.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
                    The OP posted this a year and 5 months ago...if she is still around it would be nice to hear how she and her so and the toddler are doing.
                    Whoa didn't realise it was posted that long ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X