nervous, anxious, excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nervous, anxious, excited

In about 20 days I will be driving about 5 hours with my 3 year old son to meet and stay with my SO. I'm exited because I will be able to see my SO and speend time with him, but at the same time I'm anxious and nerveus, I want everything to go smooth and perfect but I am afraid of both my son and my SO reaction about eachother. The anxiety its killing me of not knowing what's going to happened... On the other he and, I'm going to meet his son for the 1st time also... Should I be worried? Has anyone been in these situation before? Any advice with be grately apreaciated!!

Have you all met on Skype?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Me and him have meet in person, but we haven't meet the kids at all

Comment

Maybe you could have Skype sessions with the kids before meeting. Then you will have "met" each other.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

No advice here, just have fun with it! The more stressed and worried you are, the more likely it'll be a stressful event! The less expectations you have, the better off you'll be.

Comment

Kids are unpredictable, so all you can do is just provide support for whatever happens. I know some guys my sister dated were great to her son, some he didn't like for no reason. He's pretty young, so I would just give it time.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Yeah my boyfriend and I both have kids. I met his daughter when I stayed over in february but he has yet to meet mine. I did skype with his daughter before hand and she is such a sweetheart, we got pretty close when I went over so it's been a bit tough on us with the 5 month wait between visits. My daughter talks to my boyfriend on skype sometimes (usually a few times a week) and they joke around together so I'm not really worried about how them meeting will go. It'll be fine.

I'd definitely recommend skyping a good few times before hand so your little one isn't feeling nervous about meeting your boyfriend. My daughter is still at the age where she doesn't care if it's skype or offline as far as she is concerned she knows my boyfriend. It's my family that have been telling her 'you only know him on skype' when I was visiting in february.

She is a bit nervous about going to another country and how far up the airplane goes in the sky. But she hasn't said anything about being nervous about meeting my boyfriend, if anything she is excited because his daughter is the same age as well.

Hope that helps some.
              Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
              All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

I can almost promise you, your son is not going to think as much into it as you are. My son was five when he met my current boyfriend, he is 8 now. At the time, we weren't long distance. It took a little time for him to warm up to him. It did not happen right away. This could be because he met him at Chuck-E-Cheese and he was distracted by all the fun! Make it fun for the kids. Take them to the park or somewhere that they can just be kids without pressure. Enjoy your visit!! If you are happy and relaxed, your son will be too! If you are anxious, your son can sense that!

Comment

Working...
                X