Ways to help count down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways to help count down.

My boyfriend's little girl and I got rather close when I went to stay in February and she has been saying July is too far away. I don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment as I am saving to pay for xmas flights so that my daughter and I can spend xmas with my boyfriend and his daughter. But I want to do something for her starting from next week. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas? I thought I could send a surprise each week like a small gift from amazon or a postcard in the mail specifically for her. I sent things at easter but that cost a lot and was also over a month ago. She keeps saying July is too far and she wants me to come back now. I wish I could afford flights to go visit before school gets out here but I can't so I'll have to come up with something else instead.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

You could send her a postcard twice a month, that may not be too expensive.

You could make her or encourage her to make a countdown calendar, something to cross out each day (I always make for my boyfriend, they are really simple, just drawn cross out boxes on the back of a postcard, but he loves them)
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Definitely do postcards rather than gifts. Don't want to make it too materialistic, it's more about the personal experience. I also second the idea of a calendar, preferably a big one with cute pictures, so she can visualize the days counting down.

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I like these ideas. I haven't sent anything in a little while so I did order a book off amazon. It's called 'I miss you every day' I'm going to go and take a look at some post cards from where I live so I can send her a couple. I think I'll have my daughter write them with me as she is really looking forward to meeting her in July

I really like the calendar idea but I think I might do that for xmas. We are going to spend xmas there and there is a 3 month wait so I think having her have something like that will help after having us there for a long period of time.

It's sad she gets out of school next month and I can't be there I wish the kids got out of school at the same time.
        Last edited by Ella85; May 19, 2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Another count down idea is to have a jar with that many day's worth of something in it. For example, a note or small piece of candy everyday until you get there. It reminds me of the Christmas count down calendars where you get a piece of chocolate everyday until Christmas! Makes it fun to wait.

Comment

We used to always make paper chains to count down the days till xmas.

Comment

These are all great ideas thank you

Comment

Working...
              X