Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have two minds about his decision PLEASE HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have two minds about his decision PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi everyone Im new here.Ive been browsing the internet for some sound advise ever since SO told me he's having interest in working on a cruiseship ...We have a daughter shes 11,from my first marriage,and I have two sons for him,aged three and 10 months old. Its been four years since we've been married but have known each other since we were 16. He was married also but no kids from his previous marriage. I have no other close family members around and hes thinking of taking a six months contract with one of those cruiseline. He has made up his mind about it but I haven't given him my decision as yet, one time Im thinking it will be a good idea for our family because we can get to buy our own house,then another time Im thinking about raising our kids alone. Our three yr old is super close to his dad,he goes everywhere with him,he sleeps with him, I mean really close. Its hurting me to think of his feelings or how his dad's move will affect him. He will be starting school in September and if SO takes the job in August he wont be there for that special day. Im so torn about supporting my husband with his dream job,especially even more when I think about my boys...What are your suggestions please 😢

JMHO,

Being a parent>buying a house

Comment

I would choose being a parent.

Comment

Originally posted by RWhiz View Post
        JMHO
        What on earth does that mean???
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by RWhiz View Post
          JMHO
          Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
          I believe that means "just my honest opinion" - tell me if I'm wrong, RWhiz.

I understand that this is a very hard decision, for your family. Raising two children alone is certainly very difficult, and the three years old one will be very affected from his father's absence, is this is the decision he's going to take. However, this is your husband's dream job, and you may see the future differently - like buying a house as you mentioned - if he takes it. So I think everything has to be taken in consideration before taking the decision which should be the right one for every aspect of your family life - including your future. This probably requires you and your husband to discuss more about it. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
            Thanks for through input,appreciate very much

Comment

Im now learning how to use this forum so please forgive me if my replies aren't sent to the correct person, I really do appreciate your advise erwin1973

Comment

Originally posted by Abby8619 View Post
                Thanks for through input,appreciate very much
                And thank you for being a wiseguy. We're not all as smart as you are, Abby. English is not my first language and I don't know all the shorts. Apart from that, I hate shorts. A little bit more consideration would be nice. Thank you for that.
                Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

@Erwin...deep breath. Chillax. She just said she doesn't know how to use the forum and probably quoted the wrong person in that answer. I might be wrong but she genuinely seems appreciative.
                  To Abby: welcome to the forum
                  sigpic

Comment

This is a really hard decision. Distance is tough, especially with kids. But you can take lots of pictures and videos for him on those special days. He's going to be missing all of you as much as you're missing him. I recommend video chatting as often as possible. Have him record something with his voice for your kids so they can hear him often. Talk to them about him all the time, always show them pictures. It sounds like it's going to help improve your life, it's just going to be a lot of hard work, especially for you since the kids will stay with you.
                    I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Is there a chance all of you could go on a cruise with him? That is if family gets a discount (or even free)?

That might help the kids if they saw what daddy was doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X