Can’t see due to children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t see due to children

I am deeply in love with this man who has 2 teenage girls. His girls are his priority - and I totally encourage that and respect that. Their mother is very toxic. At the moment they spend a lot of time with their father. Their father has the mother/father role.
    He is a beautiful person - does everything with his girls- cooks/takes them out etc - their mother just verbally abuses them.
    I am the first new person since he left his marriage.
    The girls know who I am, but they don’t know that me and their dad have a connection. That’s ok. They have a lot to deal with at the moment and it’s not the right time for them to know.
    I am struggling with the fact I am not able to see him very often. Might be once a fortnight. We are in contact everyday- all through the day....
    I just want to know how I control the times I feel depressed from not seeing him. After all I should be happy I have this gorgeous person in my life.
    Please help

Find some things that make you happy in your own personal life like time passers, pick up a new hobby or something; just to keep your mind busy. I know its not ideal going so long without seeing him but sometimes we have to make these sacrifices. Have you talked to him about how you feel? If not, then that should be your first step. When I start struggling with the distance, I will reach out to him and see if we can play a game together or have a quick call, this kind of eases the pain.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

I am sorry you are going through this. It’s very hard with children. I am on the other side like your SO. I have two children and my SO does not have children. I sometimes feel badly that my time/life is already so consumed with them. Then I can even get frustrated that him and I don’t have as much time together. I know it is really hard, and kids add such a huge complication, but he probably is trying as hard as he can to be with you. Try to be patient with him. He will appreciate it so much. Sometimes I write a love letter to my SO when I know we are too busy to connect. I send it when I have some alone time and he can read it when I am busy.

Does your man do something just for you that makes you feel special?
      "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
      -Charles Dickens

Comment

Working...
      X