need suggestion for work abroad program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need suggestion for work abroad program

hii... I am almost done with my studies. I ll be completing my M.phil in pharmacy by march 2013. As job hunting is also a job so i thought i should better start finding a work program before my study ends. I wanted some information about work abroad programs particularly for canada. Does anyone knows about work abroad program in Canada? To work as a pharmacist there i first need to get registered. And for registration process i need lots of money so i would have to do a survivor job at first.
    I have checked the links given in work abroad thread but they are of no use to me as those links were for US or Canada citizens but i am a Pakistani citizen so these links didnt help .
    Any suggestions will be appreciated..

To be a pharmacist in Canada is complicated. First and foremost is depends where in Canada as each province has it's own regulatory body.

I don't mean to discourage you but it's not as simple as just registering. There is a process and it does cost a significant amount of money.
    Here is how the process would go:
    1. take your equivalent exam
    2. qualifying exam this is written and oral.
    3. 160 hr tut OR 500 hr internship depends on previous work experience
    4. law exam (this differs from province to province)

Hope that helps!

Comment

And also bear in mind that this doesn't guarantee you a job either.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
        To be a pharmacist in Canada is complicated. First and foremost is depends where in Canada as each province has it's own regulatory body.

I don't mean to discourage you but it's not as simple as just registering. There is a process and it does cost a significant amount of money.
        Here is how the process would go:
        1. take your equivalent exam
        2. qualifying exam this is written and oral.
        3. 160 hr tut OR 500 hr internship depends on previous work experience
        4. law exam (this differs from province to province)

Hope that helps!
        No digitalfever i wasnt asking about the registration process. I know that registration is a whole process. I have already fully researched on it and i know of all steps,exams and all fees required. The order will be like
        1. Document evaluation
        2. evaluating exam
        3. Qualifying exam
        4. IELTS
        5. Internship
        6. jurisprudence exam
        7. Licensure
        I also checked it for the respective province where i wana go.
        SO the actual THING which i was asking is help on getting any job (not particularly as a pharmacist) so that i can earn enough to start the registration process.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
          And also bear in mind that this doesn't guarantee you a job either.
          Yeah it doesnt guarantee a job but if one keeps trying to find a job he or she can find it But if i don't get registered than it guarantees about not getting a job

Comment

I believe people are mostly trying to be realistic. However, finding work in Canada is probably a bit easier than if you were looking for work somewhere in the U.S., which is almost impossible, so you've got that going for you at least.

Though,

The Canadian Skilled Visa Assessment is temporarily unavailable.

On June 28 2012, Citizen and Immigration Canada (‘CIC’) announced that they would not be accepting any new applications to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (‘FSWP’) for at least another 6 months. Applications in all occupations had already been closed since May 2012 due to the 2011/12 quota being reached – the quota for the 2012/13 year was due to open on 1 July 2012.

CIC will now undertake a full revision of the eligibility criteria for the FSWP. Application intake is expected to resume in January 2013 when the regulation changes will come into force.
            That's from the link https://www.visabureau.com/canada/work-permit.aspx here to decide if you qualify, so entry to Canada on work permits may be a lot more competitive than it used to be. I'm not sure what the proposed changes are, however, all the information/assessment/application pages lead to that, so I would say wait until January and then educate yourself on the various opportunities (working holiday, work permit, etc.) and decide what visa you're actually wanting to apply for and whether or not you qualify.

ETA:

I also found this:

For your application to be eligible for processing as a FSW under the PhD stream, you must include the results of your official language proficiency test and meet the following eligibility criteria:

International students enrolled in a PhD program at a provincially or territorially recognized private or public post-secondary educational institution in Canada who:
            have completed at least two years of study toward a PhD;
            are in good academic standing at the time they apply;
            are not recipients of an award requiring them to return to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills.
            International students who graduated from a PhD program at a provincially or territorially recognized private or public post-secondary educational institution in Canada who:
            graduated no more than 12 months before the date their application is received;
            did not receive an award which required them to return to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills (or did, but have satisfied the terms of the award).
            (A maximum of 1,000 applications from this category will be considered for processing each year. This will not be included in the total for any other cap. Applications will be considered in the order they are received. The first cap year for the PhD stream began on November 5, 2011.)
            but the page also notes that everything's closed until January 2013 when the proposed changes will take effect.

ETA:

You don't have a PhD, so that might not be relevant. It's hard finding info when everything's say it's closed until 2013.
            Last edited by ThePiedPiper; December 18, 2012, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeRat View Post
              No digitalfever i wasnt asking about the registration process. I know that registration is a whole process. I have already fully researched on it and i know of all steps,exams and all fees required. The order will be like
              1. Document evaluation
              2. evaluating exam
              3. Qualifying exam
              4. IELTS
              5. Internship
              6. jurisprudence exam
              7. Licensure
              I also checked it for the respective province where i wana go.
              SO the actual THING which i was asking is help on getting any job (not particularly as a pharmacist) so that i can earn enough to start the registration process.
              I don't understand HOW you plan to get to Canada though.

Comment

I would like to know this too. You will need to get the registration process done before you can even get a visa to enter Canada. In regards to earning enough money to start the process, you will need to do that in your home country or another country which you are able to work in abroad.

You aren't able to get a Working Holiday Visa, which is the only easily accesible visa to move to and work in Canada...

Also getting a random job may be even more difficult because a lot of employers will look at your Masters degree and think that you are overqualified and you will only hang around until you get a better job (which I presume is the truth).

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
                  I believe people are mostly trying to be realistic. However, finding work in Canada is probably a bit easier than if you were looking for work somewhere in the U.S., which is almost impossible, so you've got that going for you at least.

Though,

That's from the link https://www.visabureau.com/canada/work-permit.aspx here to decide if you qualify, so entry to Canada on work permits may be a lot more competitive than it used to be. I'm not sure what the proposed changes are, however, all the information/assessment/application pages lead to that, so I would say wait until January and then educate yourself on the various opportunities (working holiday, work permit, etc.) and decide what visa you're actually wanting to apply for and whether or not you qualify.

ETA:

I also found this:

but the page also notes that everything's closed until January 2013 when the proposed changes will take effect.

ETA:

You don't have a PhD, so that might not be relevant. It's hard finding info when everything's say it's closed until 2013.
                  Thank you alot... The first link is actual thing i wanted And yes i need to educate myself on these areas thats why i asked for suggestion here. So January is not far away when i can find all the required info. I have almost about two months in completing the graduation enough time for educating myself on these issues though before i can actually decide to go for applying or something else :P
                  Yeah i am not PhD so thats irrelevant

Thank you so much again

Comment

Actually my brother and his wife are permanent residents of Canada. I intend to get a visitor visa. But with a visitor visa you cant go for a job. In order to do a job you need to have a work permit before you get to canada. I think i answered what you were asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeRat View Post
                      Actually my brother and his wife are permanent residents of Canada. I intend to get a visitor visa. But with a visitor visa you cant go for a job. In order to do a job you need to have a work permit before you get to canada. I think i answered what you were asking for.
                      I see. How do you plan to get a work permit to save up for the registration process though?

Comment

I would like to know this too. You will need to get the registration process done before you can even get a visa to enter Canada. In regards to earning enough money to start the process, you will need to do that in your home country or another country which you are able to work in abroad.

You aren't able to get a Working Holiday Visa, which is the only easily accesible visa to move to and work in Canada...

Also getting a random job may be even more difficult because a lot of employers will look at your Masters degree and think that you are overqualified and you will only hang around until you get a better job (which I presume is the truth).
                        Okay i understand. If i dont get a job there i will probably do a job in my country to earn enough money. Thing is salaries over here are low like i will be earning like 300CAD or less per month. It will prolong the time period though Thats why i was just trying to figure it out if it would be possible getting a random job in canada. I just needed suggestions which you people have provided.
                        Thank you to all of you

Comment

Originally posted by SeeRat
                          I ll plan about it in january as the link given in an above post will show in january so now cant get enough info about it. Work permit will allow to get any random job during visiting stay( like 3 months) and it may be extended if needed.
                          Fair enough . You may require a job offer before you can get the work permit though, which will be nigh impossible to receive for a random, unskilled job.

Comment

Fair enough . You may require a job offer before you can get the work permit though, which will be nigh impossible to receive for a random, unskilled job.
                            oh i see... Well thanks alot for all the info I need to do some more research in order to see if there is any possibility.. You people are great help though. Thankyou

Comment

Working...
                            X