Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I truly love him, but I HAVE to get him out of my head for a month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I truly love him, but I HAVE to get him out of my head for a month!

Hey!!
    so, here's the story
    my boyfriend and I met at a summercamp he was one of the leaders, as was I. We did spend a lot of time together and one thing led to another and before we knew it, we were a couple. And I loved it I love him. But it wasn't the smartest thing to do :/ exactly one month (of which he went away for 2 weeks on a dude-trip) he left for italy... 5 months ... oh and have i mentioned he's my first ever boyfriend?? It's really hard on me to not have him with me and I'm getting tired of skype and facebook. That aside; here's my true problem:
    Here, in Ghent, the big tests are coming up and i need to focuss. I REALLY need to focuss, but he's always somewhere in my mind, I keep thinking about when he's going to come back (end of february). I need to get him out of my head because I'm losing time and I have to stop thinking about him all the time. I know it's a little bit contradictive but I need to push him away in a corner of my mind for just 1 month ... these tests are extremely important but I don't want to push him that far away and fall out of love?? Any tips ?? (and not seeing him or talking to him makes it worse btw, i've tried)
    sorry for the grammar mistakes but HEEEEEEEEEEEELP :o :o

I've got the last of my marticulations coming up myself in february-march, which are quite a big deal as well. I had some of them earlier this autumn and I did surprisingly well, but I have about three times as much to study this time, and I won't see my SO for what now is about 11 weeks... When I studied for the ones last autumn I found that the best way to focus on the exams was to not try get my SO out of my head. We Skyped while I was studying, sometimes he would study too, but turned the sound off and kept eachother updated on what we've done and what's left to do. We also supported eachother when we started getting stressed about this and that, and it worked perfectly well for us.
    What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to push someone away to be able to focus on something else. I found it comforting thinking, even when I wrote the test, that my SO is thinking of me and supports me no matter what the result will be. I don't know if this will work for you, because everyone is different, but it's worth a try! Fingers crossed for you
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I think this could work for us too, it's just a shame that I only have limited acces to the internet (Parents restrictions ) but maybe I can adjust your great idea to my situation? Nowadays I tend to wait till evening to hear from him or to allow myself to send him anything on fb, maybe if I sent something in the morning it wouldn't be in my head the whole day? But i tend to lose track of time when I'm talking to him It's a great suggestion thank you very much!! x

Comment

Glad to be able to help (and parents' restriction sucks, don't they? I had them for a while as well... :P ) If you don't find a way to adapt the idea, keeping a journal for oneanother is also a great way to vent... Keep us all updated
        We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Ok I will!!! x!

Comment

Exactly the same situation. Exams are now 9 days away! ARGHHHHH!!

My SO is very understanding, we're CD now but we don't live together. During exam time he knows I cant see him for very long. We're planning to go out for a quick lunch at somepoint next week (because I have to see the outside world at somepoint :P ) He's still on his holidays at the moment so we update each other by text, and if I'm on a break from revision we'll have a quick chat. The thing that gets me through is thinking about all the free time I'll have to spend with him when these damn finals are over!!

So I agree with Alsfia, don't put him out of your head completely but instead try and make time during the day (even just 20mins) to think about him and contact him then get back to the studying. Let him know in advance you're going to be off the radar a little for the next few weeks but I'm sure he'll understand
            Si tu n'etais pas la
            Comment pourrais-je vivre
            Je ne connaitrais pas
            Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
            Quand je suis dans tes bras
            Mon coeur joyeux se livre
            Comment pourrais-je vivre
            Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
            Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Yes, you're probably right I suggested an evening-routine yesterday and he seemed to be happy with it, so I hope it's going to help And I should be thrilled because he's coming back in one and a half months, so I have something to look forward to But, to be honest, I don't think I'm ever going to do a LDR again in my life :o I'm obviously no LDR material normally I'm not a clingy person when he's in the same country but now I have to be carefull but this is goin' to help Thanks for the great advise!!!

Comment

Explain to him. As a guy, I want the best for my guy. He will want you to do well and respect it.

Comment

Working...
                X