Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possibly moving in..

HI everyone!

This is my first post so I'm not sure I did it right! Fingers crossed!!

I've been in a LDR with my boyfriend for nearly two years now. He lives in Italy and I've moved to England to study and I'm in my second year at university. We have been talking about the future and asked me to go and live together once I finished uni in two years time. I was and am so thrilled about it but I've been thinking about how my parents will react when I tell them!!!
    I'd move away from them after being away for four years at university! I'd really like to find a place near them but my SO has already a place we could go live and he also has a job! I don't want him to leave it!
    I have a better relationship with my parents than he has with his and we'd be living closer to them than with my parents. One day my Dad also said to stay closer to them (Milan) instead of moving to Asti. (It's about an hour and a half away)
    It's really hard to explain but I really could use with some advice!

Have any of you been in a similar situation? How did you handle it? Any advice?

Thanks

xxx
    Sarah

I think with the economy in Europe right now your SO can be happy to have a job? I don't know how easy it would be to get one in your parent's town. If it is doable then you can just ask him what he thinks of the idea. If he wants to stay close to his parents too maybe you could compromise and move somewhere in the middle?
    Personally, I don't think 1 1/2 hours is that much of a big deal. That's about the distance my parents live away and I easily go to visit them on weekends

Comment

If I understood correctly, you and your SO are making a plan for something that is 2 years away. It's good to have a rough idea of your plan, but so much can change in 2 years that I wouldn't stress out about it now.

Comment

I know! I know so many people who are trying to find a job!!
        And as mllebamako said, a lot can change in 2 years!

I feel a lot better now! Thanks
        Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X