Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend zoned

Hey guys!
    So something I never told you guys was that my SO and I are actually friends rather than a couple. Sorry for not mentioning that :/
    Anyway, we met while she was doing an exchange program at my school last year. I've been in love with her since the beginning of this year. While she was still physically with me, I told her twice how I felt for her and both times ended up with her friend zoning me. I even tried kissing her one time and that didn't end well for both of us because she pushed me away as I tried to pull a fast one. One positive thing out of all of this was that we were able to get through it every single time and it helped our friendship grow stronger. She went back to Germany in June this year.

Recently, I told her for a third time how I felt for her and again, she friend zoned me. I didn't talk to her for a few days before she sent me a message asking me to forgive her and for us to just go on as friends. We've reconciled with one another and chatting to each other normally.

I'm trying hard to forget my feelings for her and move on but I really love her and I can't think of being with anyone else other than her. My friends tell me to move on from her but it's hard for me to forget my feelings for her because she is my first love. I really miss her a lot and she has also said that she misses me and wants me to come visit her.
    I just needed a space to rant and express myself and I'm sorry for the depressing story...

Your friends are right. She is not interested and probably never will be. Hanging out/continuing to talk to her will not change her mind. I think you need to stop contact with her till you can just be a friend. Move on.

Comment

I agree with snow_girl, she's not interested in you romantically, and there's really not anything you can do to change that, especially now that you're LD. Staying in this friendship is only going to cause you pain, you need to man up and walk away. I know you want to believe otherwise, but when a woman isn't interested, hanging around is not going to make her think differently, I'm sorry about that.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

What I'm currently doing right now is just staying away from her for a while and doing things to keep me busy. Both of you are right, life goes on and I have to accept how she feels. My one friend told me that it takes how long you love someone to get over them.

Comment

Funny, I always heard that saying as being it takes you half the length of time of a relationship to get over it

The key there is not to focus on the amount of time that has passed, but just focus on yourself and doing other things.
          So, here you are
          too foreign for home
          too foreign for here.
          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
          X