Bf works for DEME in Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bf works for DEME in Denmark

My boyfriend works at DEME (don't know if anyone knows this company, but it's a dredging and energy company), and his job involves working abroad. For his first project he needs to be in Denmark (Aalborg). He's in this system that he has to go work in Denmark for 4 weeks, and then he is home for 2 weeks. And he doesn't have to work when he's home.
    This system (4/2) will continue until the end of june/beginning of july, and has just begun. But I already visited him after 2 weeks to celebrate New Year with him in Denmark with 4 of his friends and it was very fun
    But I have my ups and downs of how I feel about this. I support him 100% but sometimes I get scared of what will happen to us! We've been together for almost 3 years and already survived his Erasmus (going abroad for school) to New York for 4 months, so I guess we can handle this but still...
    He wants to do this type of work for like 5 years, until he wants to start with children (with me ), while we are still young and have our lives ahead of us.
    We really talked and talked about it, and I am now confident that this will work, but sometimes I have doubts and I get scared..
    I mean, this is not going to be easy! Most of the time he won't be here so he won't be present at certain occasions like familyparties, parties with friends, etc...
    But I think this is something we (I) can get accustomed to, don't I?

I think one of the harder parts will be sharing him with his friends when he comes home! He's only here for 2 weeks, and I have an internship so I only can really be with him in the weekends but his friends also work so they can also only meet in the weekends.. And they were already talking about a boysnight and going on a boystrip for like 5 days.. and these are things I don't really like I mean, he's already away so much, so whyyy the boysnights I mean, I totally understand that he has to have boystime etc, but for me they're like "competition" you know? They take away our qualitytime. And I don't really know how to deal with this when it comes to this! Can someone give me advice of how to deal properly with the friends-issue?

Anyway, it has only just begun, and I know it is not going to be easy, but we will see where it takes us I guess? I reeaaaally want this to work because I love him soooo much and he loves me too
    Last edited by Maxx; January 4, 2014, 08:01 AM.

I would suggest letting him go on boy's night, but asking him to wait with taking trips for some time.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I would talk to your SO about trying to plan this trips as far in the future as possible, so you can make your own plans with your SO. He deserves to have some time with his friends.

(Also, I assume that your SO will be making good money so think about the $$$ that he can save up for your future!)

Comment

Yeah okay but it's not about the money
        and this trip is planned for the end of may..
        Offcourse he deserves time with his friends, but this doesn't make it easy for me

Comment

Yeah indeed, I know that but I think I won't find this very easy :-) they are planning to do this trip in the end of May!

Comment

Working...
          X