Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partner interviewing for job abroad

Hello,

So I was hoping I could just get some advice from others who might be in a similar situation.

My partner has an interview for a job abroad in Europe that is a fantastic opportunity. It's a 3 year post. He is 5 years older than me and he would be silly to turn it down if he got the job. We have been living together for a year and a half and have been together that long too.

I am a teacher but I still need to do my NQT year - possibilities if he got the job would be to stay here for the first year and do my thing and then meet him out there or to get a job where he will be (I have applied for some).

It's tough and I just wanted to know if anyone had been in this situation before and if anyone has any advice.

I don't know what an NQT year is..

Also, need a little more information. Where are you living now, where is the job he's applying for, is there a possibility time-wise and financially of making visits if he gets the job and you stay there, etc.

Comment

A European country where you speak the language?
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
        A European country where you speak the language?
        Yes where we both could get away with speaking English. I am a teacher and an NQT year is like an induction year you have to do once you do your training to fully qualify.

We both live in the UK and we are in our twenties. I'm 23. I actually now have a skype interview for a job in the same country as he has an interview for!

Comment

Working...
        X