Should I care??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I care??

Hi everyone, new on here and I need some advice from people who are going through the same thing...

My boyfriend of a year recently moved from the U.S. to Europe for work. I asked him what he's doing tonight and he's meeting a girl or for drinks (a fellow American). I feel really uncomfortable with this but don't want to sound jealous or insecure. Should I even care? I do want him to make friends, but why does it have to be a girl on a Saturday night Advice?

He was honest with you. I know it's hard to be apart but he has given you no reason not to trust him. You need to set your insecurities aside. Some of my SO's best friends are female - his business partner is female.

You need to support your SO in his new job. Encourage him to go out and meet other people as well. Honestly, if I was new in a foreign country and I met a fellow American, male or female, I'd be happy and spend time with them too. It's just nice to have someone around from home.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

He isn't hiding it from you. Put yourself in his shoes. You are alone in a new country and you find someone who is from your country and wants to hang out, just happens to be a guy. You go out but know there is nothing more to it than having some fun and chatting, you love your SO and wouldn't dream of this night being anything more.

Comment

Let him have his friends. Ask interested questions and keep yourself in the loop about his life. And get your own going, you could go out yourself
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X