Family or Boyfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family or Boyfriend?

I am an 18 year old girl whose boyfriend moved away to be closer to his family and his friend from 3 years ago, so now we are in a LDR.

the last time I went over to see my boyfriend he kept on trying to persuade me to move in with him and his flat mates so we dont have to have the distance between us anymore. I really wanted to say yes because in the place I am I currently have no friends which makes me feel extremely lonely and does not give me anyone to talk to about my LDR to help me cope with the stresses and burdens.
    Yet on the other hand I have my family here who I wish I could talk to about my thoughts but whenever I tell my mum one thing she never keeps it private from my step dad and then it becomes a fight. my family doesnt want to lose me just yet because im going to UNI next year which is why im afraid to leave but i feel if i dont im going to spiral out of control into a sadness from not talking to anyone except my boyfriend on the phone.

so any advice on what i should do please it would be much appreciated thank you

do you know the flatmates well, and do you think you would want to live with them? Are you close to his family?

If your mum can't keep anything to herself and the mood in the family gets tense easily, perhaps it is best to move out, be it by yourself or to your SO and his flatmates.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

It seems a bit unfair towards for your BF to ask you to leave your family while he left you to get to his family?

I will blunt but you have only one family and you can change a boyfriend in the future. Think about that.
      Also you shouldn't be placing your happiness on other people really I know it's easy to say but ask yourself what will happen if something will go wrong with your BF, who will you turn to? Will you be able to go back, if not where will you go?
      If you don't have anyone to talk to where you are, what makes you think will change with ONLY your boyfriend around. It might sound like me being nasty but living together usually generates problems and issues that havent been there before.

I know that somewhere in your head (and deff. in your heart) moving to your BF feels like a fix-it-all but realisticly moving away from your home just generates differnt problems, moving to your BF will generate some more.

I'm all about making radical decisions but it should really well thought out decisions. My advice would be Get yourself standing on your own two feet, not holding anyone as a crouch not BF, not family. If you know that emotionaly you are stable and not dependant on others then whatever you do and whatever goes wrong will not phase you.
      “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
      ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
      Closed the distance >21.03.2015
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X