Japan Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan Study

My girlfriend and I have been dating for six months. After we had dated for two weeks, she confessed that she was leaving for Japan the next semester, but she still wanted to date. Now it is a week away from her leaving and I am wholly freaking out. She'll be gone for 4 and a half months. Are there any tips for making the beginning more bareable?

I have a very simple response for a very complicated issue. Communication. Have yourselves set up with a method of communication to be adjusted as needs adjust down the line. Hang out here, read through the forums. There's probably thousands of posts on communication here, tech solutions, activity ideas, learning to cope with the absence, and making the most of words like you never have before. But I would encourage you to read through other people's posts and see ideas of what works for them and if it might be adapted to your situation.
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Thank you.
      We'll have the ability to text some as well as write letters and video chat. It'll be a little difficult to figure out a schedule at first because of the 14 hour time difference.

Comment

She did tell me late last night that she believed we could do it and that if we could make it through distance we could handle anything. That helped a lot.

Comment

It's tough, but it's doable. Loads of people here who've made it through years and years and have actually closed the distance finally. Always nice to see those
          "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Working...
          X