Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full time? Free lance? Finance? Kindly share it with me :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full time? Free lance? Finance? Kindly share it with me :)

Hello there,

I don't know how many of you that experience the same thing with me.
    I'm currently thinking how to work my financial matters that could afford my LDR relationship with my BF.
    We've been 3 years together and working to close the distance in the next 2 years.
    He's living in Europe, working for a company-and having his own company as well. So basically finance is not gonna be hard for him.

On the other side, I'm living in Indonesia which is famous with it's low rate..pfff
    Currently doing freelance, and yes it's called survival most of the times! lol
    And working as a full timer is quite hard, knowing that I can't have a long holiday to visit my BF. Last time I had to quit my full time job to visit him-and it's because I also wanted to quit (but that basically how it works).

So i really want to know,if you guys have any experience about how you deal with your work yet still able to keep your finance on a good level?

I'll appreciate your opinion so much

Good Day!
    HA

You do not get paid vacation days? That's how I'll be visiting.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
      Too bad, previously I'm working with Japanese company which is quite strict about holiday..
      and it's hard to keep up only with 12 days holiday a year.

Comment

I work part time and take my studies to him. I also use my paid vacation time.

My SO works season, so he can travel off season, and he doesn't earn much so I pay.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I have my own business, which is really good in some ways, and not so good in other ways when it comes to visiting my SO. Since we only see each other twice a year, we try to make the most of our time together by making our visits 3-4 weeks long each time. It has worked out well for us so far, but now, it is becoming a bit harder as my business is rapidly growing.
          While I don't have to ask a boss or anyone for time off, I can potentially risk losing clients if I take too much time off work now. Since I work in the service industry, I can't do my work from abroad, either. However, I always let my clients know in advance that I will be going out of town, and that I will try to do as much extra work for them as I can before I leave. So far, it's worked out pretty well, although I'm still a bit nervous about leaving for a few weeks over summer to visit my SO.

Is there any way you could do your freelance work while visiting your SO? Or, offer to do extra work for you clients before you leave on your trip?
          Good luck!

Comment

During my last two trips visiting SO I was working. I run my business but most of it is passive sales and online enquiries and contacts to mother company etc. So I can do most of it just about anywhere but I can't really answer my phone and make phone calls very handy from the States, first because of time difference and second the rates. So I can't see at the moment being gone for more than 2 weeks at a time. Moneywise I luckily don't have a problem. My job paying ok and I'm saving enough to afford trips. Although my Christmas trip cost almost double compared to October but I still definately wanted to be with him instead of both of us being alone.

I can see a lot of people here struggle with money and/or time and I'm lucky that way. Of course I have my kids and I need to plan it out also. There are some good ways of making real money doing what you like/love. Several wellness companies have a good foothold in the Asian market doing network marketing, maybe that's something to look into?

Comment

I worked part-time for 8 hours a week when we were still LD, that was enough to pay for all my trips. I earned really good money and I want to emphasize this, because you usually don't make 500€ a month for 8hrs/week.

If you can't get time off, why don't your SO travel to you? As much as it's an inconvenience for him, having his own business and working for another would give him the opportunity to take some time off, especially if he is better off than you.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                Not everyone gets paid vacation days. My SO doesn't which is why it's so hard for him to take time off.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  I work part time and take my studies to him. I also use my paid vacation time.

My SO works season, so he can travel off season, and he doesn't earn much so I pay.
                  It works the other way for me, he paid all of my cost for travel to there as well when he is travel to me. He doesn't complain about this at all which I'm grateful yet a bit sad because I know he has to work hard for it.

Comment

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
                    I have my own business, which is really good in some ways, and not so good in other ways when it comes to visiting my SO. Since we only see each other twice a year, we try to make the most of our time together by making our visits 3-4 weeks long each time. It has worked out well for us so far, but now, it is becoming a bit harder as my business is rapidly growing.
                    While I don't have to ask a boss or anyone for time off, I can potentially risk losing clients if I take too much time off work now. Since I work in the service industry, I can't do my work from abroad, either. However, I always let my clients know in advance that I will be going out of town, and that I will try to do as much extra work for them as I can before I leave. So far, it's worked out pretty well, although I'm still a bit nervous about leaving for a few weeks over summer to visit my SO.

Is there any way you could do your freelance work while visiting your SO? Or, offer to do extra work for you clients before you leave on your trip?
                    Good luck!
                    Your condition is somehow what I want to do as well.
                    I'm thinking about doing business that somehow related with my SO's business also, so I can easily be together with him as much as possible, because his work required travel a lot in a year.
                    Currently I'm thinking to take a full time job at least for a year and a half, just to rise up my savings and gather more experience so I can do something on my own in the future. Since we know he will come to Malaysia more often, so it's already closer to me and it will be easier to see each other. But I agree doing freelance, with a good rate and lots of clients is one of the best way I can imagine for this condition!

Thanx for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                      I worked part-time for 8 hours a week when we were still LD, that was enough to pay for all my trips. I earned really good money and I want to emphasize this, because you usually don't make 500€ a month for 8hrs/week.

If you can't get time off, why don't your SO travel to you? As much as it's an inconvenience for him, having his own business and working for another would give him the opportunity to take some time off, especially if he is better off than you.
                      Whoa, 500euro in a month only for 8 hours a week, indeed such a good rate!
                      My SO travel quite a lot to Malaysia the last 2 years, which only 2 hours flight from me and perfect for a weekend date
                      But he need to work also there, even on the weekend, he has a busy life hihi

Now I'm really thinking to take as many jobs as possible so I don't need to worry about moneywise so much.

Thank u for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by HestiAprillia View Post
                        Your condition is somehow what I want to do as well.
                        I'm thinking about doing business that somehow related with my SO's business also, so I can easily be together with him as much as possible, because his work required travel a lot in a year.
                        Currently I'm thinking to take a full time job at least for a year and a half, just to rise up my savings and gather more experience so I can do something on my own in the future. Since we know he will come to Malaysia more often, so it's already closer to me and it will be easier to see each other. But I agree doing freelance, with a good rate and lots of clients is one of the best way I can imagine for this condition!

Thanx for sharing!
                        It sounds like you have things pretty well figured out, so that's good
                        Before I started my business, I worked almost full-time hours and was able to save up quite a bit of money, so that worked out well for me, too! And, if you work full-time and do freelance work at the same time, you'll be able to save more money and get a head start on the competition!
                        Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by farandaway View Post
                          During my last two trips visiting SO I was working. I run my business but most of it is passive sales and online enquiries and contacts to mother company etc. So I can do most of it just about anywhere but I can't really answer my phone and make phone calls very handy from the States, first because of time difference and second the rates. So I can't see at the moment being gone for more than 2 weeks at a time. Moneywise I luckily don't have a problem. My job paying ok and I'm saving enough to afford trips. Although my Christmas trip cost almost double compared to October but I still definately wanted to be with him instead of both of us being alone.

I can see a lot of people here struggle with money and/or time and I'm lucky that way. Of course I have my kids and I need to plan it out also. There are some good ways of making real money doing what you like/love. Several wellness companies have a good foothold in the Asian market doing network marketing, maybe that's something to look into?
                          Wow, you're in such a good condition, and I hope it will be better along the way!
                          I'm thinking to do a full time job now for a year and half to rise up my savings & gather some more experience that profitable for my future.^^

Thank you for sharing ur thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by HestiAprillia View Post
                            It works the other way for me, he paid all of my cost for travel to there as well when he is travel to me. He doesn't complain about this at all which I'm grateful yet a bit sad because I know he has to work hard for it.
                            I guess you work hard too, and you are also planning how to earn more which is good. You shouldn't be sad, I am sure he thinks paying for travels is money well spent!
                            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylaandkillian
                              So I set up a gofundme for my French boyfriend and I to reunite this summer. I feel somewhat guilty for asking you guys for money, because I'm not asking for a handout. The cause is genuine, for love. I pledge to personally write a thank you note to anyone who donates $3 and I will sketch you something for a donation of $10. If you donate $20 I will send you postcards from places we visit this summer, and for $50+ I will draw any photo you choose on a 8by10 scale. I know you guys understand what a long distance relationship is like, and I gratefully thank you for your support.
                              Here on gofundme com/upg6ppa2
                              You apparently don't get it, so I will try and help explain this to you. We don't appreciate it when someone, anyone, long time member or newbie, comes in and asks for us to give them money. Especially when it's someone we don't know. Would you give any of us money if we asked you? Saying that you want to cure cancer and save lives is admirable, but why would I care if you give back to your community in the future? Its going to take you probably 10 years, if not 12, to become a doctor.

Stop spamming us with this post. The boards are all connected in one forum, so we can see that you have posted the exact same thing 10 times.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X