Everything changes SO FAST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything changes SO FAST!

So, many of you know that I was serving in the Peace Corps in Jordan and my SO is going to school for engineering in Georgia. Well that was 3 weeks ago. We were told 3 weeks ago that Peace Corps was closing our program in Jordan and sending us home. In a period of 3 days I had to say goodbye to everyone I was growing to love and pack up and head home. My home is in Minnesota, so I still haven't seen my SO since I arrived home (he's coming on Thursday though - his spring break!!!).

My head is still spinning from everything. I was supposed to be in Jordan for 27 months and barely finished 5 of them. I have been trying to find a way to get to Georgia, but there is nothing I've found job wise that I could move down there for. He can't really come to me because I don't know where I will be long term (jobs are in DC in my field) - and with his schooling he can't just pack up and move. So we're still looking at having an LDR.

Now, we are talking about my reapplying for Peace Corps. I get expedited status until October (basically I get to skip the interviews and such and get preference in placement) and everything right now is placing in Latin America (far easier to get to than Jordan and far less of a time difference). He pointed out that it looks like we're going to be LDR anyway for the time being, I might as well complete my service (something I do so desperately want).

I don't really know if I want advice - advice is always welcome yes, - but really my head is just spinning in so many directions. Sometimes I feel like if I go back into the field it is a sign that I am not committed to my relationship with him? I don't think that is true - I want to spend the rest of my life with him. Really it makes sense, we were planning on being LDR until December 2016 (at the earliest) and so this would extend it another year essentially, but it would line up with when he finishes school.

I'm just really hurting over everything. I am looking forward to seeing him on Thursday. I have big decisions to make and I think really I just needed a place to vent.

Also, you can read my last blog post about Jordan here:
    https://carrieinjordan.wordpress.com

I loved reading your blog post, you make Jordan come alive. Wish you the best in deciding what to do in the next chapter of life...
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
    X