Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical School Woes

Hello All!

So my bf just took the MCATS, he feels zero confidence in his ability to get into medical school but I can't rule it out. There are several ways this could play out but my fear is how it will. 1) He doesn't get in and takes a local job and we live together 2) He gets in and we still live together but he is very busy 3) he gets in and has to move elsewhere and we break up. I heard medical school, like law school, is time and money consuming. I am worried about our future, and I can openly admit I am someone who needs attention in a relationship. I already had two years LD before him with someone else, and currently we are LD, NY-Washington DC, but I feel med school will destroy us. Nothing feels worse than wanting him to succeed but also wanting him to just stay. Obv option 1 is my hope, has anyone else dealt with this/ believes it's best to get out now before we grow even more attached only to end it?

It's okay to hope that something goes the way you want it to. However it's important to also support your partner. It's understandable that you want to live with him and be closer, but would you really end the relationship just because he is following his dream and going to med school? I almost ended my relationship last August when i went away to college, we've always been LD, but I thought it would be difficult for me to focus on being a student and being in a relationship. I figured if I didn't go to the university I wanted to I could just go to a community college and work to save up and be with him sooner. I'm glad I didn't end the relationship over that. If you want the relationship to fail because they are in med school then you should end it now and give them that respect. However, you should really consider whether or not you are willing to support them in whatever happens, if that's not the case then maybe you should end it.
    I wish you two the best!

Comment

Working...
    X