Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ldr bf got a job as a bartender.... Help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ldr bf got a job as a bartender.... Help.

So my boyfriend of 1 year got a job as a bartender. He left 4 months ago and has been struggling to find work. Only now was he able to get a stable job. On one side I'm happy he finally found one, on the other devastated. He's going to be surrounded by so many slutty thirsty women constantly hitting on him and I can't help but be worried about that. Obviously flirting will be involved and I don't like that at all. I love him so much but I'm so terrified that he'll cheat on me if he's always in that environment. I don't know what to do. I want to talk to him but I don't know how. Somebody help me please.

If you trust him than no amount of slutty women should make him cheat

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
      If you trust him than no amount of slutty women should make him cheat
      Agreed. You have to trust him. This has to do with your insecurity and not his actions. Has he ever given you reason to think he'd cheat? If not, you are your own worst enemy right now because it's you who are putting these thoughts in your head.

When I was in my 20's, the guy I was dating had an older brother who was a bartender. He was gorgeous, funny, outgoing, etc. Every night he worked, he would come home and literally take out no less than 30 numbers from women. Every single one of them went into the trash. He had a gf he loved very much and no other woman out there was going to distract him from her. She never had a worry and trusted him.

No matter what our SO's may do for work, it always comes down to trust. Our SO's and ourselves are going to always come across people in our daily lives - at work, at the gym, at the grocery store, etc. It's what we each do regarding the people we come into contact with that shows who we are and our seriousness about our SO's and our relationships.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

SO is surronded by many thirsty women who are, for the most part, also partly naked. He is friendly to them, most of them are into friendly chat too but sometimes he gets sex offers. I have seen with my own eyes how some women are trying to flirt with him. He could not care less. Work is work, those are strangers and we are together. If you want to cheat, there are always options. If anything, your SO knows his value on the meat market (does not have to prove himself) and gets a routine on how to smoothly reject women. I would worry more if an SO had a secluded office job and then went on some wild party with friends where he got offers never usually given to him.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My SO is a bar tender. He's also ridiculously cute (I think so anyway).

When he first got the job I was worried, I told him I was worried about cute drunk girls hitting on him all night. He eased my fears, told me he had no interest in anyone other than me. I trust him completely, he always sends me a good morning text (I'm 6 hours ahead) no matter how busy he is. He also always calls me when he gets home, without fail. I still have moments when it bothers me, but if it does I just think about the huge effort he makes and there's no way he would be calling me if he a girl with him lol!

I get hit on every time I go to bars. Sometimes by really cute guys, but I'd never ever act on it. My SO is way too important to me to even consider it, as am I to him. And that's the way I deal with it.

Put yourself in his position, would you be taking guys home if you were a bar tender? I doubt it.

Try not to overthink, ask him to text you/call you once he's finished work. I'm sure he would understand if you communicated your fears to him. It will be ok

Comment

Working...
          X