Jealous of normal couples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealous of normal couples

I have been with my SO for two years. Actually 'together' for about 3 months then apart for the rest. We do visit each other but due to the price of flying and distance it only happens every 5 months on average. Sometimes I see couples on the streets holding hands or couples in social media being all sweet and cheezy and stuff, I feel really sad and that it's so unfair for us both. I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same and how do you deal with these sort of feelings? I love my SO very much but he doesn't give good advice. Plus he's always stressing out about work. So I looked to the world of internet users for help. Thanks

In anything in life, there are people that are going to have things better than you and some that will have it worse than you. You can sit and dwell on those that have things "better" or you can be thankful for what you have.

You have been together for two years and that says a lot. The ones you are envying, they could have only been together a week and may break up in a month. They could be an LDR couple also and are just together for a brief visit. You never really know another persons situation.

Focus on the positives in your relationship and about your partner. How you feel is going to be based on your attitude about the relationship. Don't allow yourself to get down due to jealousy over what other people have.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I too am jealous of other couples. It does sadden me when I see CD couples flirting or holding hands and crap like that, but it's as R&R says. Be thankful for what you have.

The other day I was with one of my best friends whom I never see anymore because she lives and spends all her time with her boyfriend. Now that he's gone and joined the military I can hang out with her again. We were with some other girls and we were talking about our boyfriends and I said something like "You're lucky that you get to experience all these things with him, while I have never met my boyfriend and won't for what looks like a long time." Then she tells me, "At least you get to talk to your boyfriend everyday. I'm down to no contact for 2 weeks now."

So the point of this story is, there may be someone who's jealous of your relationship. I mean you should be proud to have been with each other for 2 years. That's pretty envious of itself

Comment

R&R said it best, you don't know another person's situation, so just be thankful for what you have.

I was never really jealous of regular couples, in fact, I was happy for them, because through my own LDR, I knew how difficult it can be to see each other and be together, so good on them for being together! It used to make me upset when people ranted to me how they are sooo upset that they can't see their SO for three days when I had to wait months to see mine, but in the end, everyone is going through their own problems and you have a partner who loves you and has been with you for 2 years and that is great.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Thanks guys. I will be more appreciative from now on <3

Comment

I was and still am very jealous of other couples. There are times when I simply can't stand being in the same room with them being all flirty and sweet to each other. It just reminds me how much I love and miss my bf. But it gets better with time I think.. I hope actually because I'm still struggling with that

Comment

It can be very hard to be envious of othe people, regardless of what the envy is about. Seeing something you want so dearly and yet you can't have it...

I have a CD relationship too, and see my LD boyfriend fairly often - so I don't struggle with being envious of couples so much. But I really want kids and I am in no financial position to have them right now, there are kids everywhere in the world and it ripps my heart out to see them, sometimes it even makes me cry. At times my friends' kids are on my lap and I just want to take them home. Longings can be hard. Sometimes we just have to soldier through them, and make plans for how to make our dreams happen.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I think we are all jealous if it's only just a little. My friend complains that some days she only gets to see her bf for 30 mins before she goes to bed (they live together) and I feel like saying 'at least you actually get to see him and sleep in the same bed at night. But she has her own set of issues and I would be sad if that was the case for me too so I try to be understanding.

I miss my boyfriend terribly and it's been almost 4 months since the last time I saw him. But I just keep telling myself however many days I have left until my next trip. The thing is although I might think to myself when I see people 'I wish my boyfriend was here' at the end of the day what I have with him is special and so I don't envy their relationship at all. I just wish that I could be with my man.
                Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Nope. They should be jealous of me as I got the best man on the planet

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                    Nope. They should be jealous of me as I got the best man on the planet
                    Congrats!! haha

Same here! We've been together for almost 6 months and i can somehow imagine how hard it is for you

Comment

Working...
                    X