Let's do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's do this

I'm going to tell you the text message I sent to my SO for you to get what I'm talking about, because sometimes explaining things a MILLION times a day to friends and family and roommates can make me less clear, the more I talk about it. I'm tired of talking about this, but I need to talk about this. Also, LFAD has become my new best friend.

Hey baby- I really hope we can talk tonight. I've been doing a lot of thinking...
    I've talked with my mother & my roommates & I've decided that I'm serious about going where you go.
    I don't know why I was so hesitant at the beginning of all of this about moving. I guess I was scared & thought that I couldn't do it.
    But all I care about is having a life with you & I'm so thankful for you being so dedicated to getting this job.
    I'm actually very excited about the potential of moving.
    I wanted you to know that I don't want getting Atlanta to be something you overly focus on or necessarily even have as your top priority.
    I'm going where you go. I don't care where that is. You are my life.
    Logistically, I can have a job & go to school & do everything I need to do, anywhere. I'm not stuck here.
    All that matters to me is that we're together. I love you. Let's do this.

So... this is good, right?

His response back (just now, literally as I'm typing this) was basically like, can't talk, studying. In the zone... So I know he's really working to get this job, I just wish we could talk more. HELP ME BE STRONG AND NOT A NEEDY PRINCESS.

xo

If you make him your life, you will forever be a needy princess.

Comment

If he is a practical guy, that text/letter might become too long to digest. Focus on practical matters. Perhaps let him be the one to use big wordsfor once, he can't feel free to do that if you have already used all of them so to speak.

Don't speak like his slave if you are not, you know, his "slave".
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I don't think she's being a Needy Princess or a slave in this. What she's telling him is that she is willing to be the one to move and that she has realized she can do what she wants in her life (school, job) from anywhere and doesn't need to stay in Atlanta. She can make a life anywhere and if it's easier for him to stay where he is, she can move. As long as once she moves she truly make her own life there and a life as a couple, she'll be fine.

I know how difficult it is to make that decision to move. I've done it and moved 3,000 miles from everything and everyone I've ever known except for my now ex-husband. The reality is, until you can get out and get a job (or school) and meet people, the relationship is your stronghold for a little while as it's the only thing you know. If you stick to that being the only thing you have once you move, then it's a problem.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I agree with R&R. How does moving for her SO make her a needy princess? In my opinion, that actually makes her the opposite. She's saying she isn't needy and begging him to move there despite not having a job there. And even so, does moving strictly to be with someone make you needy/a slave?! She isn't saying she's giving up her whole life to be with him, but I can damn well tell you that there are plenty of people who give up their whole lives to move to whole new countries to be with the person that they love. Does that make them a slave? No. Because in many situations, someone has to be the one to move and sometimes it just makes sense for one person to do it rather than the other. It sounds to me like both of them were considering moving, so that in itself says a ton about their dynamics. So I say: Good for you OP!

Comment

Working...
          X