Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To a far away girl

To a far away girl,

After an amazing 8 months of living together, and seeing each other every day, I thought 10 months apart wouldn't be a problem. After all, I never loved anyone as much as I love you, you're the only one i've ever felt like I wanted to marry.

But its hard, so hard. I underestimated how busy you were going to be. The 30 minute skype calls and texts do help but I want to feel like I am doing some activity with you. It always feels so rushed because you have after class work to do, or it's close to my bed time. I wish you could block out some time so I could feel like I actually get to hang out with you.

Your new adventure is amazing. I feel so bad when I complain to you that I am not doing so well because I feel like I might ruin your time, and you will start to resent me. You have been taking it in stride, even when I nearly chose to break up with you on Friday.

Its not your fault that all my friends have moved out of town, my two best friends right before you moved. I'm glad I bought a plane ticket to see you yesterday, but time is going by so slowly. I love you so much, but I don't know if I can last until June.

How about you both come up with a list of things you could do separately yet together? My SO and I were wishing tonight we could have dinner together. We decided to pick a night in the next few weeks to have either pizza or Chinese together on the phone. Granted it's not the same, but we'll be "together" and that's what counts!!!

Comment

Hang in there! Ten months will fly by (even if they don't seem to be now) and you are so lucky to have an end in sight. I'm not sure how far in to LD you are right now, but the first couple months are by far the hardest. You're still getting your LD rhythm in tune and grieving for your old life together. As crappy as it is, eventually, LD will seem like second nature. Just find some things that really help you connect even in short times. Whether it's playing a game together, watching a movie, or doing something else you guys like to do, find a way to have a date even LD. Also, I find that sending daily messages talking about your day really helps feel connected when you don't have much time to talk. You get to say all of the random things that you wanted to but forgot or didn't have time to say.

Comment

Working...
      X