Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Working Visa- Need help ASAP please

Hey people!
    My S/O has currently gone back to Australia after staying with me for 3 months ( I live in the UK).
    I planned on getting a job and saving up some money in time to go to Aus for New Years but a turn of events have happened and I plan on buying him a plane ticket so he can come and work here with me and so we can both travel back to Aus together at the end of December.
    I'm finding it difficult finding info and was hoping some of you can help.
    What Visa would my boyfriend need to come and work here? He'd only be here from the 28/10/2015 to 27/12/2015 but I would love for him to be able to apply for one asap!
    If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks a bunch!

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Visa law can be very stressful, so some very basic things to consider in addition to differentcountrys' link are that UK visas tend to take around three weeks to process and that UK work visas require the applicant to already have a job offer before making the application.

Since he is from Australia and presumably has Australian citizenship, you are a bit lucky in that he might be able to get a visa under the Youth Mobility Scheme (err, the forums won't let me share links, but it is on the list under differentcountrys' link), which seems to only require that he have £1,890 in savings at the time of application (keeping in mind there is a visa fee and an NHS charge he will have to pay as well). He would be able to come and go during the term of that visa, so if you two aren't meaning to move to Australia there would be the option for him to go back to the UK with you and work.

Comment

If he's only there for two months I highly doubt he'll be able to get anything other than a tourist visa. Even if he was granted a working visa it would probably take more than two months to find a job, depending on his area.

Let him enter on a tourist visa and be prepared to provide economically for him for two months.

Comment

The issue with a tourist visa is that he just returned to Australia. Immigration seeing him immediately apply to go back to the UK is probably not going to go over well, because it could look like he is trying to live in the UK through visa abuse. If have the money to try it, then it could be worth it. If not, I wouldn't risk it unless you've done enough research on your situation to be confident that it would work.

The youth mobility scheme is a decent last resort if you don't mind using it up and don't have a long-term solution to stay together yet. But since at least a month is going to be eaten up waiting on visa processing even if things do work out, it might be more practical to wait until when you go to Australia in December, unfortunately.
          Last edited by caesura; October 14, 2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I know he can come from Japan even though he is an ex pat from England for a six month vacation visa. A work visa would involve him finding a job that would sponsor his work visa in order for him to remain here. Its very difficult in the USA to find one of these jobs so Ive been thinking he should work for the government? Also Id have to get off of public assistance for my disability. Hopefully by then Ill be all better, lots stronger and with a Japanese language education, I myself could find a job.

Comment

Working...
            X