Will it get easier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it get easier?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 months now and it's been an ajustment for me being in a LDR. He works 6 hours away and works 14+ hour days for weeks at a time. Even when he is in the same city he works the same hours. He makes me happy and he comes to visit when he can. I'm just thinking about down the road, he loves his job but is having a mostly LDR doable? Obviously I much rather be with him all the time and I'm coping pretty well with the distance now but once we get more serious is the distance going to harm our relationship? I'm so new to this and I really want this to work out so any advice or insight is helpful!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I can't say that LDRs get easier per say, but they are definitely doable. Communication is definitely key in these types of relationships. If you feel like a need is not being met, then talk to your SO about it. Setting time aside to talk to each other is important to. Even sending little messages throughout the day and letting him know you're thinking of him. I know that it sucks to be away from each other, but at least he is visiting you when he can. That shows he's committed.

It can definitely get hard, but don't let the distance get in the way. What can you do while he's working? Can you guys skype when you both have free time? Do you have any hobbies? Try and keep yourself busy. I like to look at my LDR as a chance to grow and figure out new things I'm interested in. I would love to be with my SO all the time as well, but since I can't, I try to focus on the positives of the relationship. I think when the relationship gets more serious, you'll be able to have a plan for what you want in the future. You've only been in a relationship for 3 months, you still have plenty of time to figure things out, get to know each other more, and find out what the future holds. Try not to stress too much

If you're both committed to each other, then it will definitely work out.

Hope that helps a little

Comment

Working...
    X