X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VISAs confuse me.

Hi all!

I'll keep it brief, I know we all have Skype dates to get to

Okay so I'm totally lost with all things visa... I have no idea what kind of visa I should be applying for or how likely obtaining one is.

Here's the basics:

I'm British and live in the uk. For the past 3 years I've been a property manager for a corporate estate agent.

I already have an ESTA, which I visited the states with in August where I met my SO, and will be using again in March to visit my him.

I was wanting to maybe look at being able to go to the states later this year,

A) for longer I.e 6 months, and
    B) have the option of working whilst there (I may not need to due to current personal financial situation)

Any thoughts/ tips/ recommendations would be hugely appreciative!

By the sounds of it I guess the best option for you if you do want work while you're there is to get a work visa, but those are pretty hard to get unless you really know what you're doing and all the ins and outs of it. the UK GOV website has more information about it, and if you can't find what you want to know there i'd suggest just generally googling it and see what you can find. Is there any reason you have to stay for 6 months or is just a you want to spend a long time with your SO, because i'm pretty sure you can stay for up to 90 days on and ESTA as long as you have proof that you'll be returning home at the end of it.
    Have a good read of all the information you can find, i'm sure other people here might have more experience with getting certain types of visas. Good luck :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment