Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denmark- Lithuania ( 800 miles drive, 600 miles w plane)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denmark- Lithuania ( 800 miles drive, 600 miles w plane)

Hi, so i am studying in Denmark and i fell in love with a girl who's in Lithuania ( I am Lithuanian too, but I've moved to study in Denmark last year). We've been like best friends or something like that for a long period of time. I liked her, she liked me, but i was so blind i Didnt notice her signs at that moment and was so shy to tell her(because we were close friends and didnt want to fk up everything). She even told me she had been in love with me when she was with her new boyfriend at a time which she didn't date for long. She broke up with him after i moved to Denmark. So when i came last time back home(Christmas, new year), i met her and all my feelings got back, she was so cute and nice to me as she used to... So its been a month since i came back to Denmark, but im still thinking about her. I will go back to Lithuania in March and i am thinking of telling her how i feel when i come back, but i am so afraid :
    A. She might reject me, because we're so far away.
    B. LDR might hurt us way more than it hurts me now.
    I would come back home:
    - 4 to 6 weeks on summer(yeah, i'd sacrifice a month by not working )
    - 2 weeks Christmas -new year
    - 2 weeks on Easters( i would prolong my vacations in price of skipping few days of uni and then working extra hard)
    - 2 weeks between the period of summer and new year( yeah skipping again)
    - I would invite her and pay for traveling expenses once or twice a year, so its 2-3 weeks more(Lithuania is poor and her family would not be able to afford it and she's still in highschool) Thats like 3 months , like 25% of my lifetime that i could still possibly spend. I am 100% sure she likes me, but i am really really not sure if she would do LDR.. It seems like she flirts with me, but then suddenly stops it and i feel like she's thinking '' what am i doing ? We couldnt date anyway...''
    Is it worth taking risk? I know most of you already have your love here and this post might sound so random as long as we're not actually dating, but i feel it is still good place to ask such question.
    1. Should i tell her how i feel?
    2. Do you think such LDR would work when i'd meet her based on the plan above?
    3. I am planning to work after studies as well(otherwise i would study in Lithuania) for at least 5-6 years after studies and save money for future business back in Lithuania(super cheap country, 6-7 times smaller expenses, so saving 10k eu a year in denmark is like 2 average yearly salaries in Lithuania)

spending 25% of all your time together is actually a lot for an international LDR. For all the rest, it is too early to make any plans.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I think it's great you have plans in place!! I say talk to her face to face... See how yo both feel about this. Good luck !

Comment

Working...
      X