Rescue Email.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rescue Email.

Hi everyone. This is my story, its gonna be quite complicated but please, just read it and help me.
    My phone here when i created my Apple ID, they asked me for a rescue email (recovery email) and i asked my girl to put her email address there. As you all know that it is just an email address only, no need to fill in the password. 1 day ago i want to send for her a present through her email but i forget her email, i also dont want to ask to have some amazing moments for her. So I logged in to my Apple ID and see her email address, i saw she typed it wrong. From Yahoo turns into Yaboo. So i changed it back and saved. How come she told me that i am using her email? That i logged inside her email? How can I do it when i dont have the password? She told me Apple called her and say that. The next day I asked for help from Apple Support Team, they told me Apple wouldnt make a call like that to anyone. She didnt trust me, told me to find evidence then talk to her. I tried to explain to her from time to time but she is just seen and ignore. She asked me to give us space. What can I do now? Please help me. Im really sad and hurt now.

*EDIT* I'm clearly still to sleepy to read properly haha.
    I don't get your story then...
    Last edited by Mims27; February 26, 2016, 06:14 AM.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I think OP did ask her first? I don't really get the story, honestly.

Comment

First of all Apple does not call people when you update an email address.

OP is saying that he had her email address in as the rescue email in the Apple account. He went in to look for her rescue email address, which to me is it weird that he never had her email address, and saw her yahoo email address. He corrected the way it was spelled because Yahoo was spelled wrong. Once he corrected it, it generated an email from Apple to verify the email address was good for the rescue email. Now his girlfriend thinks he hacked her account. That is totally wrong and Apple will never call anybody to anything. Again. Apple did NOT call her. They send emails. She needs to understand that Apple sends a verification email and that her address was wrong and that's the whole problem he has in a nutshell.
        Last edited by sasad; February 26, 2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

All you can do is tell her the truth. If she can't accept the truth then she has trust issues.
          Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
          All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Apple doesn't call anyone for anything. Lol. They only send you emails letting you know something was changed or charged to your account. My question is, why would you use her email as the recovery email? Don't you have a back up email address? I have two. One I use professionally (and as my back up for recoveries, such as my Apple ID), and my main account. Both are Gmail. And, I even have a Hotmail account (that I never use).

Also, why would she lie to you like that? Red Flags all over to me. It's odd to me that she would make up that whole story that you tried to hack her email, which makes no sense because you were fixing your OWN AppleID account, so how could you even touch her Yahoo account? Then, she would lie again and say that Apple "called" her to tell her someone was "hacking" her account. Which...she wasn't even using a Mac email address...it's a Yahoo one. If I were you, change the recovery email address to one of your own. Because, I guarantee if you smooth things over, if you did need access to your AppleID, she would probably freak out again over nonsense.

None of this makes any sense to me.

And, you've barely been dating for 6 months, this is a completely ludicrous thing for her to freak out over.

If something like this happened to me, I would be pretty turned off and break things off with your SO. It's pretty obvious she didn't read the fine print, nor does she understand how Apple, or email addresses in general, work. And, for some reason, she's paranoid over nothing. It's pretty clear she doesn't trust you.

Edit: I wanted to add that I also linked my "professional" account with my main Gmail account, so any emails that get sent there, get forwarded to my main account.
            Last edited by whatruckus; February 26, 2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
              First of all Apple does not call people when you update an email address.

OP is saying that he had her email address in as the rescue email in the Apple account. He went in to look for her rescue email address, which to me is it weird that he never had her email address, and saw her yahoo email address. He corrected the way it was spelled because Yahoo was spelled wrong. Once he corrected it, it generated an email from Apple to verify the email address was good for the rescue email. Now his girlfriend thinks he hacked her account. That is totally wrong and Apple will never call anybody to anything. Again. Apple did NOT call her. They send emails. She needs to understand that Apple sends a verification email and that her address was wrong and that's the whole problem he has in a nutshell.
              You are right. Im from Viet Nam so the way that I told you guys the story is not so perfect. Im sorry about that. Before she left for Australia, I didnt have any smartphone to text to her, so she gave me her iPhone, and she helped me about how to creat the Apple ID. By the time the rescue email shown up, I didnt think about anything because we are together so its ok to let her email to be my rescue email. Thats it. Now the whole story you guys already known. She even told me "I feel so stupid when I gave you this phone, my sister asked for this but I didnt give her, why I give it to you" I messaged to her a lots for the first day, she just seen and ignore it. I tried my best to let her know, but it didnt work. Today is 3 days i didnt hear anything from her. Are we going to break up? She is my everything, guys...

Comment

She didnt say anything since the day she told me to "find evidence that you didnt log in my email, then we talk again".

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                  Apple doesn't call anyone for anything. Lol. They only send you emails letting you know something was changed or charged to your account. My question is, why would you use her email as the recovery email? Don't you have a back up email address? I have two. One I use professionally (and as my back up for recoveries, such as my Apple ID), and my main account. Both are Gmail. And, I even have a Hotmail account (that I never use).

Also, why would she lie to you like that? Red Flags all over to me. It's odd to me that she would make up that whole story that you tried to hack her email, which makes no sense because you were fixing your OWN AppleID account, so how could you even touch her Yahoo account? Then, she would lie again and say that Apple "called" her to tell her someone was "hacking" her account. Which...she wasn't even using a Mac email address...it's a Yahoo one. If I were you, change the recovery email address to one of your own. Because, I guarantee if you smooth things over, if you did need access to your AppleID, she would probably freak out again over nonsense.

None of this makes any sense to me.

And, you've barely been dating for 6 months, this is a completely ludicrous thing for her to freak out over.

If something like this happened to me, I would be pretty turned off and break things off with your SO. It's pretty obvious she didn't read the fine print, nor does she understand how Apple, or email addresses in general, work. And, for some reason, she's paranoid over nothing. It's pretty clear she doesn't trust you.

Edit: I wanted to add that I also linked my "professional" account with my main Gmail account, so any emails that get sent there, get forwarded to my main account.
                  I was so sad that I made a schedule for the call with Apple Support Team, because I want her to know the truth. They called me back and also confirmed that we never call for our customers like that. I took the picture of phone call and send to her through WhatsApp, she didnt say anything since that time. I just wanna make things right. But now we are going to be no more guys, because of something I didnt do...

Comment

She is just using that as an excuse. She is not being fair to you at all with what she said and what she is doing to you.
                    If what you say is true, then you do nothing wrong. Unfortunately, you can't force her to talk to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X