The one left behind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one left behind...

My partner and I had an instant attraction to one another, but before we had met, he had opted into a 12 month program, whereby he combines working remotely with travelling the world. Things progressed (though we tried to prevent it) and we soon realised we couldn't live without each other. Both of us were completely against LDR initially, but we finally decided to try and make it work.

It's been 2 months, and we are both in Europe - so not too unmanageable of a distance. I'm set to visit him for the first time during month 3 and I couldn't be more excited.

However, the cracks (from my side) are starting to show. Not only have I turned into an insecure mess- constantly checking up on when he's been online on social media, who he is going out with, people he is in pictures / videos with. I'm struggling. I'm the one who is left behind, living my every day boring life, so of course I'm going to be the one who struggles most. We're now snapping at each other 24/7 and accusing one another of ignoring or misbehaving. What's sad is that I believe there is no need for it and we can in fact completely trust each other.

Whilst he appreciates my insecurites and how hard this is for me, we are both growing concerned about the rest of the trip. Later on in the year, he is jetting off to South East Asia and South America, where there are significant time differences and less opportunities for wifi connection- meaning less opportunities to talk.

I truly believe he is the one, the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. How can I shake off my insecurities and deal with this for the next 10 months? At the moment, I'm the one poisoning the relationship and I want to do everything in my power to stop it and be ready for when this distance really does become a test.

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

How've you been? Did you visit him?

Comment

Working...
    X