Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some sound advice!! (1st post)

Hello! This is my first post!
    I began dating my boyfriend two years ago, in June of 2016. We began a LDR due to him going away to study on August of 2017 and we are just a few states apart (2 hours on a plane).
    Things were a little complicated because we both had difficulty regulating our emotions and and managing mentall illnesses. This led to a rocky four months, which led to him liking another girl, and then dumping me last February. After spending a month and a half apart, we came back together on April 1st. However, he just received the news he'll be leaving this January to study either to France (7 hour difference, 28 hours apart on a plane) or Canada (1 hour difference) He'd leave for around 5 or 6 months. I know I am capable of handling the situation (Well, that is, if he leaves for Canada, which is the most likely scenario) but I am really worried that he won't. This time around, we are more commited than ever and he shows me he's a better person every single day, but I can't help but feel worried. I don't know if I should leave him. He's a really impulsive person, the kind of guy who maybe one day wakes up and will leave me for someone he met abroad or whatever. When we broke up, he said that these types of commitments at our age are boring and stuff like that. We both love each other very much, very very much. I am saddened by the fact that I know I could handle it, but I have a feeling he would not. Maybe he'll get bored. Or lose interest. Or anything of that kind. He says he is capable, and it is just 6 months after all. But I don't know if taking the risk is worth it, because last time he left, I was so deeply hurt, I don't know what I'd do if I ever felt like that again.

Nice first post buddy. Welcome to the community.

Comment

I think you really need to tell him all of this. Tell him your fears. My first semester of college my boyfriend and I had a big blowup (where he stated he might like another girl, etc) and I didn't speak to him for a week and let him figure his stuff out. He realized he was being an idiot and came back apologizing. Every time we go back to school I fear this will happen again and I bring it up to him. We talk about how it was to not speak and the sadness we both felt of potentially losing each other.

Try putting things into perspective for him. Lay down the law. No more second chances, you aren't someone to be played with. Be firm with him about your worries and intentions and hopefully things will work out.

Wishing you all the best.

Comment

Try to think thoroughly about what you want and what you need, and if he can meet those things. If not, you should consider a different path, because you two make have strong feelings for each other but if you two can't work things out, then it might end up hurting a whole lot more for the both of you later on

Comment

I think talking with him about all of this before he leaves is the most important thing, communication is the way to overcome the distance anyway. Then you also need to ask yourself after you talk about all of that if you fully trust him and if you're sure he can do it. Also visiting him in between maybe also helps just a few weeks Togheter can do a lot. After all you need to ask yourself what you want and you need to be sure about your decision no matter what it is, Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X