Looking for support. Girl decided to stay there and break up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for support. Girl decided to stay there and break up

Hi! I live in Colombia. My GF went to study abroad to England. It's been a year and a little while since she left. We've been in a lot since then and this week she decided that she will stay there when she finishes school and that she doesn't want me to leave my new job here in Colombia (I started a month ago after been unemployed for a year) and that she doesn't know if she wants to stay together for the rest of our lives. We are both 26.

We've been talking about this since she left and we both agreed that it would be nice whether she returned or not. But know she says that she doesn't know if she wants a relationship right know since she's overwhelmed by her job and school. She says she still loves me and has feelings for me but She doesn't think she can maintain this relationship with so much over her.

I don't know what to do. I love her and she does too we planned on moving together and our ldr went really good, we Skyped frequently and texted good morning and good night every day.
    Does anyone has any advice for me? What should I do. I really want to stay with her and obviously I would love to live in England... Please, give me any advice...

We decided to talk next week in order to think things out.

Comment

Hi and welcome.
      I guess all you can do is talk to her and lay everything out on the table. All your possible options and how you would make those options happen such as; how long after studying would one of you move? Who would move? Can the one of you afford to support the other until a job is found?

Sometimes stress can cause you to overthink things as well.

Long distance relationships aren’t for everyone, that’s also something to consider too.

Let us know how the talk goes.

Comment

Hi, Redheart. I lost my password...
        We just talked. She said shes tired of the long distance, that that she wants to focus on settling there. She also says that she wants to be alone for a while, in order to focus on her scholarship and that she stills loves me, she loves me really good and whatever happens, she wants me in her life becasue our relationship is great and we have grown together a lot. About living together, she's scared and thinks we are not ready, which I agree. We should be together in order to know this for sure.

I am thinking on going there to study as well and we talked about this and agreed that we should take a 3 month break. Shes stated a too many times that if I go, no matter if we stay togehter or not after de break that she will want to take a coffee and catch up. Im worried that I will have false hopes but I know for sure that she loves me and she wants me to stay in her life. I'm worried also that during this break things won't go well and that either she or me are on other things or even seeing each other which she told me that she doesnt want thaat right know. I know her and believe her.

I havent had a break in any relationship. I havent heard good things on regular relatinonships but heard that it might work on ldr and even more in our case because nothing goes wrong between us such as jealosy or cheating or lack of love . What do you think?

One thing that I think would be really nice is to study abroad if were together or not, first world vs third world however im worried about my familiy staying here.

Thanks a lot for your support. Its really helpful

Comment

Working...
        X