Support and Tips Needed for Study Abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support and Tips Needed for Study Abroad

Hey, y'all! So my boyfriend and I have already been doing long distance since high school (almost 3 years now) but we have always been just a state away and in the same time zone. However, in two weeks, I move to Spain for three months!! While I am so excited and know that we can do it, it is also a huge time change and it is the longest we have ever gone without seeing each other.

I am just hoping for some advice on pretty much anything: ways to stay connected, how to plan stuff, how to make sense of time zones, communication tips, how to make sure he feels involved, cute stuff to do, how to not die of anxiety, etc. All suggestions are appreciated and loved.

Thank y'all very much!!

I don’t have much tips for you but I do remeber when I studied abroad people can mostly not relate to the things you’re going through. Like the things you do there, the party’s you go to, your daily truggles with the new culture. Although they want too, it’s hard to imagine what you experience because they are not there with you. I think it’s a good one to keep in mind.
    About the time zones; I made plans on video calls like 2 days before the actual call. So you can make an agreement for the time and date.
    I remember a friend that I met abroad send her boyfriend a postcard like every 2 weeks. But every time on a different day. So he got excited knowing he would get a card that week but he never knew when he would receive it.
    If I come up with more tips or stuff I’ll let you know!

Comment

Working...
    X